Blink
7:52 PMI went on another date.
I looked really cute last night and I did my make-up fabulously. Although, maybe I just thought I looked cute because I actually took some time to put on make-up-something I haven't really done since school got out.
1. He was nice.
2. He did most of the talking.
3. He's a Jack Mormon.
4. His mom has never french kissed anyone, not even her husband that she's been married to for 50 years. That was very interesting and something I have never heard before.
5. He hates Common Core.
6. He's VERY Conservative.
7. I wasn't attracted to the way he smelled-he wasn't wearing cologne and he didn't have BO but he did smell interesting.
This blog is about how I don't have to go on a 2nd date with him.
Online dating is different than regular dating. With regular dating, you meet first, probably have some chemistry, and then you decide you want to go on a 1st date. It's not like that with online dating. <---I know it's mainstream but I'm still SO embarrassed to type that. You write back and forth a few times. You text. Then, you meet.
Last night on the phone with my friend, Stephanie, and I was having this conversation with her:
Her-Go out with him again
Me-No
Her-Yes, Katie, go out with him again
Me-No
Her-You can't make decisions right away like that. You really do think your life is going to be like a movie and it's not. Real relationships take time.
Me-Yes they do take time but I know, right away, if I would like to continue hanging out with someone or if I would rather be taking a bath.
Her-Fine
I love Stephanie and I think she embodies the way that many of my friends feel and I know she loves me and wants me to have everything I want, but I can't be Team Stephanie on this one.
I truly believe that I know immediately if I want to spend more time with someone.
With the exception of one guy I dated, I knew immediately that I wanted to spend more time with them. I'm not saying I fell in love with them immediately but I knew I wanted to keep hanging out with them.
My theory very much aligns with that of the book Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. Basically his theory is that we need to trust our gut. My gut almost never fails me. Granted, it's taking a bit of time but I really think I don't have to go out more than once with someone who I'm not that in to.
The guy last night was nice. He really was and probably a really great guy, but not for me.
So, what do you think? Are you Team Stephanie or Team Katie? Please be ready to defend your position. Wink.


3 comments
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTeam Katie
ReplyDeleteTeam Katie...my gut is my defense.
ReplyDelete