What I'm Loving Wednesday-Healthy Summer Edition
3:42 PMIt's Summer and I'm crazy motivated!
I'd like to say I'm not sure why, but I know exactly why. I saw a picture of myself, with my sister-in-law. Funny, how you're just goin' along with your daily life and then, bam, a sick picture hits you in the face. It could have been so cute too. It was taken by a real live photographer and we were having a moment. Because Danielle has, maybe, taken 1 bad picture in her entire existence, she looked great. I did not and I'm not even trying to be self-deprecating here. I DO think I have a pretty face but not when it's a fat sugar-face.
Anyway, I'm motivated and these things are helping me.
Gallon Jug
I'm a part of this wonderful group of ladies, called The Daily Grind. They are a very non-judgmental group of encouraging girls that help you stay on/get on track. This girl, Kyla, runs it and the expectations are:
- Drink a gallon of water a day
- Eat clean
- Do the daily WOD (or some other form of exercise)
I was slacking on getting my water down and she recommends that you actually use the gallon jug so I copied one of the pictures she posted and made my gallon beautiful. It's helping so far. Seeing the times on the jug hold me more accountable.
The Daily Grind
I'm so lucky to be part of this secret group who is full of super encouraging, judgmental ladies. I've noticed that when I actually pay attention to what Kyla posts and really contribute to the group, I stay on track! Love you Grinders! If you want to be part of it and you're a committed woman, let me know!
Flower Child
If you're in Arizona and haven't tried this place, get there now. It's local. It's organic. It's super cute inside. I love everything about it-from their food, to the tea selection, to the fresh looking people who work there. My only complaint is that it's VERY loud so I recommend that you sit outside or try for a Saturday which, surprisingly, was way less busy than the weekdays.
Pure Maple Syrup
I've made some switches in recent years...
I went from Fat Free French Vanilla Coffeemate to Natural Coffeemate to Organic 2% milk and sugar to Organic 2% milk and Pure Maple Syrup. It's pretty spendy. This bottle cost about $9.00 but I like the fact that I'm not adding any chemicals to my morning coffee and it lasts quite a while.
Blue Bell Fruit Bars
I have to feed my sweet tooth or she gets real angry and starts eating chemically cookies. I have found an alternative that's not perfect but pretty minimal in the processed food department and they're popsicles! Yes. I get to feed my popsicle addiction while staying on track. I'm limiting myself to 1 per day which isn't that hard because they're pretty hearty as opposed to my Root Beer Float Popsicles that I ate more than 1...ok 5 per day.
Qwest Bars
Ovi, everybody knows about these because of JohnJay <---I like to act like we're friends.
It's so important to eat breakfast every day and many days I make my egg muffins or a smoothie or something fabulous. However, there are times when I don't have time or am too lazy but I still need to get that metabolism movin. So, Qwest Bars to the rescue.
Calories: Fabulous. 180 per bar
Protein: 21 GRAMS
Ingredients: Borderline. Not fabulous, it does contain sucralose which as you know is a form of all those other -ose yucky pretend sugars but
Blog for another day...Summer Food Prep








2 comments
LalalaLove this Katie
ReplyDeletethanks so much for the kind words... hang with me chica and we will get there, trust the process... its a marathon not a sprint my love! xo
ReplyDelete