Tam
6:56 PMMy nails were in dire need of some support so I headed off to my local nail salon. Fancy Nails. I super love it there because:
- It's big
- It's clean
- It's new so it's not that crowded
- The owners daughter is so stinkin cute with her little bob haircut
"Hi there. I haven't seen you in 3 weeks," said the owner as I walked in.
A new lady, that I haven't had before, approached me and got my pedicure station ready.
Her name was Tam.
"Hi Tam."
I walk over and she stands with me while I pick my color. I usually take a real long time because I have to find the OPI Gel with the exact OPI regular polish match. Not one that looks similar, the exact one.
She waits with me and suggests several colors. I went with some Mod About You
She starts on my nails and asks which number I want and makes a joke about me wanting #200. There is no #200. The joke wasn't very funny but I didn't tell Tam.
This blog is about how I need to learn to be more assertive with Tam. I had trouble. See below.
Surgery
She starts digging into my toes with her tools and begins trying to pull out a piece of my toenail Ummm, is she really writing this? Yes, yes I am.
I told Tam she didn't need to pull any of my toenail out and I had surgery years ago and it was always just like that.
Tam didn't like that answer and she told me she would fix it.
LPIMH: Ummm, you're not a doctor.
Katie: Actually, that's ok. You don't have to.
Tam: I will. You wait. She runs off to get more tools.
Katie: You really, really don't have to do that.
She continues to do some minor surgery on my toenail.
Scrub. Scrub.
I told her, "No callus remover please." Just so everyone is aware I think (and remember how I'm almost a doctor?) that callous remover actually GIVES you callouses and I hate getting it.
Tam: Ok.
She begins with the salt scrub and sees one of my heels.
Tam: Ohhh, I do callus remover.
Katie: No, it's ok. It was hurt and it's healing so no callous remover. Katie, wtf is wrong with your feet? Ingrown toenails and cuts on your heels. Hot.
She does the callous remover.
Flowers
Tam: Do you want design?
Katie: No, I'm ok. No design today.
Tam: I do design for you.
Katie: Yeah, I don't really like designs and flowers. Just paint.
Tam: Oh, no, I do design and you like. I take classes and I do good designs.
Katie: Ok.
She did 4 designs.
After all was said and done...gel, flowers, callous remover, surgery, tip. $80
Tam, you did a real nice job but next time I'll cut you if you try to force my hand.

.jpeg)


0 comments