No Excuses

7:46 AM

Reasons I'm inspired to write at this very moment:
1.  I've gained 4 lbs since I stopped my last Whole 30.
2.  It took my 47 minutes to run 4.2 miles.
3.  I only workout 3 days a week on  a consistent basis.
4.  I'm closer to the The Healthiest Version of Me than I have been in years but I want more progress.

For whatever reasons I have definitely been "On the wagon" for a while now.  At least 80% of the time I eat right and exercise...but I can do more.



Here are my top 2 excuses:
1.  I'm tired.
2.  I'm busy.


There are 24 hours in a day.  I can find time to add in 2 more days.  I can do more.  You can do more too.  Let's do more.


No excuses.



My goal is to add 2 more consistent days of exercise.  It doesn't necessarily have to be Crossfit (although if I just signed up for 2 more days that would take care of it right there).


Things I'm considering doing:
1.  Walking around school during my lunch.
This reminds me of my old teachers who would bring their sneakers to school and walk in their long dresses and tennis shoes during their lunch breaks...hilar.  That will be me but hopefully these will be the shoes on my feet.


2.  Add a day of Crossfit
This makes motivation so easy.  "Class is at 6 pm."  So I go because if I don't people will ask me where I've been or, through the magic of Facebook and me constantly incriminating myself through there, they will already know.


3.  Ride my bike
I love my bike.  I love riding my bike.  Cyclists, do you still ride in the summer?  Early am?  Where?  I need ideas.


4.  Swim
That doesn't say lay out.  SWIM.  Don my Speedo, get in, put my goggles on and swim laps.  My dad is constantly trying to get me to wear a snorkel in the pool because my aunt, him, and my mom used to go to the pool with their snorkels and swim 2-3 miles a day.  Um, way to go old people for swimming 3 miles a day, that's a shit-ton of laps (216 to be exact) but I'm not 80 and I'm going to go ahead and skip the snorkel.  PS.  You're on Tom's Team.


5.  Yoga
Ohhhmmmmmmm.  I'm on the look-out for a Bikram Groupon for this summer.  Must stretch my body.


There are a million ways to get my body moving more than I do.  I'm committing to this which is why I'm blogging about it.  Both of you readers really hold me accountable.  ;)

Tell me what you're committing to do this week.  I'll help you stay accountable.  You help me.  Let's do this.  No excuses.


In the meantime, I'm off to my happy place.  Who needs motivation when all I have to do is follow directions?  They'll kick my ass for me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers