True Life...I have OCD

9:10 PM

And guess what...you do too.


Are you or are you not envisioning the guy who blows on his deodorant and counts how many swipes?  Still the most hilar episode of that show ever.  I'm going to hell for making fun of it but guess what....I'll be right next to you fools!

Onward...


I'm not as OCD as some of the people I know.  Cough...my father, the owner of my gym and my work friend.  All men....hmm...is there something to this?  Note to self: Research Google later.

When I had just started hanging out with my friend at work, I walked into his classroom for the first time.  My mouth literally hit the floor.  I have never seen a cleaner, more organized place in my entire life.  I mean, pens were in color coded boxes, pillows meticulously arranged on a couch, a bookshelf where every single item had a special spot.  Holy Lord, only in my dreams.  This is just the beginning of him too.

Real life conversation that I did not make up: It's Friday.  We're over at our other friend's house and getting ready to play Taboo (don't get jealous of our Friday nights).  He opens the drawer to find a pen and pulls out a baseball.  There were a few other things as well.  I paid no attention to this.  He could NOT believe someone would put a baseball in a drawer that wasn't designated for sports equipment.  He talked about it for about 10 minutes.  "So, explain this to me again.  You just found this baseball and thought, 'I think this drawer is a great place for this.'"

And I thought, "I'm not THAT OCD."

PS.  I make fun but I aspire to be as meticulously neat and organized at you BW.



Crossfit 480 is the cleanest gym I have EVER been to in my life.  Every Kettle Bell, every Ab Mat, every bar, every Wall Ball is Clorox wiped every time it's used.  One time I was over by the bands (the big rubber bands for losers, like myself, who can't do real pull-ups).  He was standing there and could not believe that people put the green bands with the blue bands, "I just don't understand.  It's very clearly marked right here!"
I will say that his OCDness had rubbed off on me.  Tonight we our WOD was AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of 10 Kettle Bells and 5 Burpees in 6 minutes.  We're getting all set up and everyone is going every which way.  If our owner was our coach that night, everyone would be facing the same direction.  None of this disorganized garbage.  I wanted to reorganize us before we started.  I think OCD is contagious.

PS.  I heart my clean, clean gym.  I love that when I'm laying on the ground because it's either that or die, I know I'm laying on a floor that's probably been vacuumed 3 times that day and mopped at least twice.

We all have our OCD somewhere.  Mine, I am certain, comes from my father.  My mom didn't give a shit.  She was a fly by the seat of her pants kinda gal.  Let's just get in the car and take a trip.  "Ummm, we haven't made a list of things to bring?"  "Eh, we'll just buy it!"  My father is the MOST Type A person I know.  If he were going on a trip he would have at least 4 check-lists.

You know those dads who use Duct Tape for everything?  My dad would NEVER.  There's no half-ass in his world.  It will ALWAYS look better than it did when he bought it after he's done fixing it.  The smell of Home Depot is cemented in my brain as my childhood.  Why?  We would spend HOURS in there.  "Let me look at these screws for about 2 hours."  And he would stand there and compare 10 million screws, then ask the guy in the orange apron (even though my dad knows more about fixing everything than anyone in that store), and then continue to contemplate the damn screws for another hour.


My father's quote about me, "You're such an odd combination of your mother and me."

I am.

I never do laundry.  My room usually has clothes on the floor.

But...the thought of creating a document that is not formated properly is enough to send me into a complete panic.

To you friends who type something in Time New Roman and just push print, what the hell is wrong with you?  I mean seriously, is it that hard to make a chart, color code it, ensure that all boxes are centered, change the margins to 0.6, make the title 2 points larger than the rest of the document, add a graphic, change the format of the graph to "Over Text", and put the entire thing in Comic Sans...I think not.

My teammates are laughing right now.  This is no exaggeration at all.  Watching my teammate type documents seriously makes my heart beat really quickly.  It's all I can do not to just jump out of my chair and do it.  Most of the time, I say 10 or 11 times, "Put it in Comic Sans.  Put it in Comic Sans.  Put it in Comic Sans."  Thank you for not punching me KS.

One of the reasons my old boss and I worked so well together is because she's the same.  There's no such thing as Time New Roman or Cambria on a document and I love her for that.  I have computer OCD.

What's your OCD?
I'm off to tap my deodorant 6 times on each arm.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Funny, I had an OCD attack tonight when I tweezers were being used somewhere other than the eye...it comes out over random things

    ReplyDelete

Followers