Uterus Pancakes
9:42 PMYeah you read that title correctly.
So, it's Spring. The flowers are blooming. New babies are being born. And it's about that time of the year for us to starting talking about The birds and the bees and the flower and tree and the moon up above and a thing called loveeeee!
I get to the lunchroom this afternoon and everybody is in there. All my favorite people and I was so excited (I didn't find out until later that this was actually a planned lunch that they have going on that I was NOT invited to...A-Hem...still on my list friends, still on my list).
Anyway, conversation goes like this,
"Josh, Brandon, can you help out and do the boy room for Human Growth and Development?"
"Who usually does it," Brandon asks in a voice that tells me his answer is not going to be a yes.
And of course, Josh has some smart ass reply. "Um, no. Ask our cafeteria manager. He's a boy."
This leads in to a discussion about what our own Human, Growth and Development experiences in school were like.
I asked the rest of the girls if they saw the video about the girl who stayed at a friend's house for a sleepover and in the morning the friend's mom made uterus shaped pancakes for the girls and explained all of the female reproductive organs using pancake batter. Oh yes, this happened.
I really thought everyone watched that one. No? Just us Irvine kids?
PS. I have searched far and wide on Google for a clip of this video.
Did all the girls get to go to the Mother/Daughter tea? We got dressed up and our mom's came with us for an awkward conversation at school about puberty. No? Just us Irvine kids?
Ahh, Spring. Bring on the folded up cards in the question box.


1 comments
I totally remember this video and have tried searching to!!!
ReplyDelete