Guess I Was Due
9:21 PMI haven't felt like I was dying in a while so I guess I was due.
TONIGHT'S WOD WAS SO, SO HARD.
30 Kettle Bells
15 Burpees
150 Jump Ropes
800 meter run
150 Jump Ropes
15 Burpees
30 Kettle Bells
"Wow. That looks hard," I thought but that was all.
Not total anxiety from reading the board.
I chose the 26 lb Kettle Bell rather than the RX of 35.
3...2...1...GO!
Kettle Bell. I like these. Lift with your hips. The Kettle Bell seemed a lot heavier today. I chalked it up to, "God's punishing me for going to the Board Meeting instead of Crossfit 480 on Tuesday." Sidenote: I have SERIOUS Catholic guilt issues. Everything bad that happens to me, I assume is God kickin my ass for something sucky I did. I blame my mother.
150 Jump Ropes...I don't have a jump robe. I have to use the super lame jump rope because I haven't ordered one online yet. Sidenote: Coach JB made a good point..."You spend tons of money on gym clothes and shoes. You drop a shit ton of money to come to this gym. BUY A DAMN JUMP ROPE that fits you."
So there I am jumping with my Sped. jump rope and sucking more than usual. I think, "I'll just 25 at a time and take a few breaths." I have to adjust my thinking when I am sucking at just jumping 3 times at a time.
Run an 800. Fine. I actually looked forward to this but it still sucked.
For the rest of the workout my lungs were ON FIRE. Sidenote: When I Google Imaged for a picture of burning lungs, it showed the one below and SEVERAL pictures of Crossfitters. OUCH. Sidenote (Yes, another one. Deal with it.): If you're wondering what a Crossfit 480 is like and want to try it in the privacy of your own gym, this is a great one to do...minimal equipment necessary and no real way to get hurt.
Anyway, I'll spare you every detail but it was so freaking hard to finish.
I sucked.
I was 2nd to last to finish. To end on a positive note, I wasn't last. Look at me seeing that silver lining! The poor guy who just started was last. However, he went to the bathroom in the middle of the WOD. Ummm, what? That's an unwritten Crossfit rule. You MUST empty your bladder before the WOD not during. NEVER during.
I always think it's funny when people who read my blog and don't Crossfit say, "Wow. You're so hardcore. You do so well." If you only knew blog readers. If you only knew. I am hardcore, but I'm still way worse than all of the gangsters at my gym. So, I guess that just makes me mediumcore. <---Bah ha ha...I seriously crack myself up.
I finished and that's what counts. The fact that my lungs burned for a good 10 minutes after I was done is neither here nor there.




0 comments