It's Food Related.
11:59 AMEvery time I go to the doctor it goes something like this,
I don't feel good. My throat hurts. I'm super tired. My body aches.
Hmm, it sounds like allergies. What color is your phlegm (PS. Ew to that question)? Let me feel your throat. Let me listen to your lungs. Let me look in your nose. Yes, I think you have a sinus infection. Here's a Z-Pack.
And I'm off, on my way.
Doctor was nice. He asked questions. He gave me medicine. Why the problem?
Here's what he didn't ask.
Tell me about your diet. What are you eating? What are you drinking? Tell me about your exercise habits.
After my first Whole 30, I was completely convinced that 95% (I just made up that percentage but it should be up there) of all of our ailments are food related. The ONLY thing that is constantly happening is that we are putting food into our bodies. That's it. We're not outside all the time (ie: things blooming for seasonal allergies). We're not overworked every second of our lives. We're not at work 100% of the time. We're not at home 100% of the time. It's not allergy season 100% of the time. However, we are ALWAYS eat or digesting.
Every time I hear people talk here's what I'm thinking:
I'm sick. My allergies are going crazy right now.
LPIMH (little people in my head): It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage.
But I just have seasonal allergies.
LPIMH: It's still food related. Try a Whole 30 and you'll see.
My nose is really runny.
LPIMH: It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage.
My stomach hurts.
LPIMH: It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage.
I am constipated (I know, I know but I'm trying to make a point)
LPIMH: It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage.
My kids are sick.
LPIMH: It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage.
My kid has ADHD.
LPIMH: It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage.
I have bad acne.
LPIMH: It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage.
My hair is really dry/greasy.
LPIMH: It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage.
My nails won't grow.
LPIMH: It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage.
I have a headache.
LPIMH: It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage....or drink LOTS more water :)
I'm not a Whole 30 pusher...ok I am sometimes and I wish they paid me. I really believe that so many of our aliments are food related. My poor friend doesn't even complain to me anymore because my first question is always, "What have you eaten for the last 3 days?"
PS. Quick story...
Yesterday I ate pancakes. Dodging the stones being thrown. Again. Yes, again. Yes, for you faithful followers, that's the 3rd time in a week. I'm going to throw away the pancake mix when I get home. Pinky promise.
My day had been a little crappy and I emotionally ate. Yeah I did. I'm on a the JOURNEY to the healthiest version of me. I have not arrived. I still make bad choices...and pay the consequences as you will soon see.
I had an awful night's sleep, for a lot of reasons but really bad allergies all night. I woke up in the middle of the night and took, not 1, but 2 allergy pills...
All that from the gluten, sugar filled pancakes. Strong work KC. Strong work and I thought as I wondered, "Why do I feel so crappy?"
It's food related. You need to eliminate the garbage!




2 comments
I'm michelle's cousin, jamie. I love your blog. I just started a blog realfoodlove-nourished.blogspot.com. I wanted to comment about your pancakes. I believe you can still eat them. I made some this morning with almond flour, coco milk, eggs, chia seeds, and cinnamon. Yummy! I can give you the recipe! :)
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! You're so right....everything is food related. I'm going to find out today on day 31, although I'm mostly sticking to what I've been doing anyways because I'm SCARED!!!
xox