The Dating Game...

9:27 PM

Date #1...done.

Er-rrrrrrr-r-r-r-r-r...Rewind.

IMH: I could just not show up. What if I die? Can people actually die of anxiety? I might be the first.

I drive to the coffee shop. Why a coffee shop, you ask. Well, because the genius that I am agreed to go on a first online date (I'm embarrassed when I type that) while in the middle of The Whole 30...when I have 6 more days (132 more hours) before I can drink. PS. I think I deserve a damn medal for sticking with this thing...a medal made of vodka.




I drive to the coffee shop and I was early. Sidenote (have there already been too many digressions?! I'll stay focused after this, promise): Sorry CF friends. Don't shake your head at me. No, I didn't go to CF. I REALLY AM still sick AND, besides, what the hell do you know?! All of you are married. So...my love life needs to take priority...but I really was sick :) Don't be mad. I didn't really cheat on you and I was thinking of you the whole time.

I drive to the coffee shop. I was early. I went to Safeway to find a bathroom because the nerves had completely taken over my body at that time. I walked around Safeway and they only had the old-school bathrooms way in the back of the store through some big black doors into a giant storage room where, I'm pretty sure, they murder people. I decided I didn't need to go that bad.

I'm chatting on the phone with my friend and as I'm walking out, I see a guy that looks quite similar to the online profile that I was about to go out with. IMH: OMG...AWKWARD! I may have just run in to my date that I've never met. I hate online dating!

Anyway, I went to the coffee shop, he arrived shortly afterwards. If you're holding your breath, it WAS him that I passed in the grocery store. We both pretended it didn't happen. Awesome.

So...there's really not much to report. I wish he had had (can I put 2 hads right next to each other like that?) extra long arms or a lazy eye or something funny to report but he was pretty normal. Nice guy. Good conversation.

I don't really think it was a MATCH. There was a lot of HARMONY going on in our conversation, but I don't think CUPID shot his arrow on this one. But, there are PLENTY OF FISH in the sea. Ha ha...did you like all of those dating website puns?! No...nobody...crickets? I know, I'm pretty embarrassed I even wrote it.



So, after Date #1...
Conclusion Drawn:
1. I could probably make conversation with a rock. And...dating isn't that scary.

2. Don't drink caffeinated coffee on a date at 8 pm...on a week night. If anyone wants to chat I'll be up until 4:30 am.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post, I love your writing style--or what do older grade teachers call it-voice-

    hey no worries missing your CF---make it up Monday right? If you're feeling better.

    Love you!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Followers