Sunshine and Rainbows

7:33 PM

How is it that your ENTIRE outlook on life can be different from one day to the next?

I've told you I try not to write on bad days because who wants to read some sad sob story all the time.  

Yesterday effing blew, a day of teaching that was anything but sunshine and rainbows.  I mean, don't get me wrong but 2 things pissed me off so bad that I couldn't recover...
1.  One of my students said the following things,

  • I HATE you.  
  • I can't wait until next year when I get a new teacher.  
  • I will forget all about you the second I walk out the door on the last day and I can't wait.  
  • I wish I had any teacher but you.  
  • Did you hear me yesterday?  I said it's none of your business!
Oh yes she did.  She said all of these things to the teacher who has been at this school longer than 90% of the staff, the teacher who is unarguably the strictest teacher on campus.  Oh yes she did.

And as she said her last statement I thought, "Girrrrrllll, you gotta be outside yo mind to talk to me like that!"  Actually, I said that out loud to her and we marched up to the office.  To refer her to admin?  No...I can make her life way more miserable than them.  I marched her up so we could eat lunch together.  "Oh, I heard you say all of those things and I know you meant you wanted to spend as much time as possible with me today so I'm going to let you.  PS.  We'll do it every single time you talk to me like that and I will give you a 100% guarantee that I can outlast you. "


So...after all of those nasty, nasty comments from Little Miss Sunshine, I was feeling a little low.  I mean I put on a good front but I totally cried to my teammates about how she hurt my feelings.  Get a grip Cartier...she's 12.

Shitty Thing #2
A girl...a grown woman said that following things to me yesterday...
  • You guys are really negative.
  • You're really tense. You probably need to get some. (Yes she did say that.)
  • Why don't you have a boyfriend?  Do you like yourself? (She said this with a look like, "I wouldn't like myself if I were you."
Here's what DIDN'T come out of my mouth back to her:
  • I'm sorry...I don't remember asking for your feedback.
  • Perhaps you should try using that filter in your teeny tiny brain.
  • I'm a bitch??  You just said, "I don't want kids because they would ruin my great body," and I'M the bitch.  Ok, glad we're clear.
  • I think your future job aspirations are excellent because you look like a man.
So...after Bodybuilder's comments, I had hit rock freaking bottom.  I mean, I know she wasn't my friend and the other one was 12 but...I'm know Bodybuilder was right about some of what she said and who wants to come off in a negative way?  So...I'm working on it and let me tell you, I was Susie Freaking Sunshine today at work.



Anyway, my original plan was to do a Top 10 list of why TODAY was 100% awesome but I just started typing and before I knew it, I had overblogged...again.

Next Blog...
Top 10 Reasons My Day Was Awesome....ugh, sucky title.  I'll be thinking of a better one. :)

Moral of the Blog:  If your day was Asstastic (Asstastic, 1 word.), tomorrow will be better...I'm sure of it ;) 


Tah, tah, faithful blog readers...I love you all!    

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I think you are great and you shouldn't let these lamos get under your skin. Only take feedback from people you like and respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I HATE you.
    I can't wait until next year when I get a new teacher.
    I will forget all about you the second I walk out the door on the last day and I can't wait.
    I wish I had any teacher but you.
    Did you hear me yesterday? I said it's none of your business!"

    Struggling, lost middle schooler translation generally goes:

    "What are doing? Why do you care about me? Why aren't you giving up on me? Why do you continue to be invested in me and hold me accountable? I don't like it. It freaks me out. It shakes this idea I already have as a young person of how I have the world figured out and it's bleak and I don't have power over my future. You scare me with why you're so invested in me and I'm going to say some things to try and put an end to it before it makes me rethink some things that would be scary to have to reevaluate."

    I can't speak to the loca gym rat. That's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Followers