What I'm Loving Wednesday
8:20 PMHaven't done one in a while...
I'm feeling very lovey today...who knows how many things I'll love :)
Phone Calls that are Easy
My FAVORITE relationships are the easy, effortless ones where you two have been doing it for so long you know the next person's thought. My brother, my best friends...I love it all. Love the text, love the calls, love it.
Unexpected Cards
I have an aunt who is so thoughtful and she always sends cards at random and fantastic times...and the most recent one had a Starbucks gift card! Is there ever a bad time to get surprise snail mail that's not a bill?!?! Best thing ever!
Sweet 3 Year Old Statements
My nephew and I were talking on the phone and he was telling me all about how Mommy was his Valentine (sweet boy) and how he didn't wanna share with his sister. I told him he was the coolest big brother and Lily wanted to be just like him and that's why she wanted his stuff. He said, "I know, " and I was thinking...he's really listening. In the background I hear my brother, "Philip, did you just push your sister down? We don't push our sister (hmm, maybe someone should have told YOU that because Kettle, you're black)..." and on they go. So much for me imparting wisdom.
Anyway, I say, "Well I am so happy I got to talk to you because I miss you so much," and he says, "I'm happy I talked to you too because I love you Aunt Katie." Awe, melt my heart.
Good Music
I swear, is there anything better. Every mood, every event, every day there is perfect music for it. Current favs...90s on Sirus, awe yeah bringin it back!
Skype Happy Hour
My BFF lives all the way in Chicago and I miss her so much! Ya know those friends who you just get along with (almost) all, all the time? The ones where you can call 5 times and they will just yell at you when they finally call back to stop annoying them? The ones you can call about a hangnail, your horrible day or because you ate a cupcake and feel guilty. Happy Hour Skype dates make things so much easier. LOVE.
My CF Crew
I am in love with my CF friends, especially my one constant girl friend in my class. She's awesome and last week I didn't see her at all and I almost cried...not really but I missed her!!
CF Newcomers
Today was the new guy's 1st CF workout ever. He was dying...dying. Panting, stopping, dying. I so felt for him but in Crossfit fashion we ALL cheered him on until he finished. Way to go New Guy; you didn't die.
PS. I was also having a PARTY in my head when he was doing this that I'm not that person anymore. Don't get me wrong, I was laying on the ground at the end, but I'm better than I used to be.







0 comments