How to Let Him Down
7:07 PMThe continuance of my date...
So, I told all of you that I wasn't that in to him but how was I supposed to tell him?
I got this text the day after our date:
Hey Katie. I thoroughly enjoyed last night. Looking forward to seeing you again.
So, now what?
Do I ignore him?
IMH: No, that's bad dating Karma, like I really need that.
What do I text back?
So...after much deliberation with my friend, here's what we wrote:
Hey, I had a good time too. I don't think it was a match on my end but good luck with everything.
So...what do you think? Good? Bad? Ugly? I need your help!

6 comments
My opinion? Only cuz you asked... I don't think a first date is a good indication on whether or not it's a match. I certainly wasn't bouncing off the wall following my first date with Cat. It took about a month until I really "saw" the amazing and heartwarming gifts he possessed. Just my 2 cents. That being said, always do what feels best to you and you'll be just fine.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDon't judge a book by it's cover my friend. A first date only really let's you see the cover. Give it another shot.
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
kp :o)
I agree with the other two commenters. I think another date woulda been a better way... But pretty sure you already sent the text... Right?
ReplyDeleteGreat!! I did already send it...and got no response...Eeeek! While I agree that you can't know everything, I feel like my instincts are usually dead on, but now I'm questioning them. Good advice ladies. Maybe I should become a mail-order bride; I think it would be easier.
ReplyDeleteThe people that commented above: please don't try to talk Katie into something when she knows there is no spark. I knew from the second I met my now-husband that there was something extraordinary there. Good decision to be honest Katie! Don't force it if it's not there!
ReplyDelete