Globo Gym vs. Crossfit 480

5:25 PM

Before I post this, I will state the following things:
1. I am not a paid advertiser for Crossfit 480
2. I feel that I speak for most Crossfitters. We become quite attached to "our" gyms :)
3. I am not trying to put down the 24 Hour Fitnesses of the world. I was a member for years and I still love the Zumba classes :)


Globo Gym (ie. Any big gym)
Crossfit 480
The Greeting
Walk in the door and are greeted by an overweight receptionist.  “Hi, it’s my first time here.” 
“Ok, let me get you one of our trainers.” 

Walk in and aren’t sure who runs the place but are greeted by someone, “Hi, are you here for Elements Class.  Derek will be right with you.”
The Sell
The trainer walks up…”If you sign up for ___, it will be ___.  If you sign up for ___ and personal training with me for 10 million more dollars, it will be ____.  If you sign the 10 year contract in blood we can give you 2% discount.”

If you walked out without signing up, you’d get a phone call every day for the next 10 years or until your death. 
I’ve never heard a sales pitch at our gym.  In fact, that was actually the part that turned me on the most.  I went on a free Saturday.  They talked to me while I was there, told me they were glad to have me and didn’t call me.

When I chatted with other members, “Ok, so what’s the deal with this gym.  Do you like it?”  The response from everyone was the same…it’s changed my life.  I love it here.   
The Workout
You come in to workout and are left to your own devices.  If you’re feeling motivated, you can hop on the treadmill.  If you’re not motivated, hardly move on an elliptical and go home.
If you think you know how to lift, give it a go. 
A spotter?  If you ask someone at the gym.  You’re lifting completely wrong?  Nobody will tell you. 
An injury?  Sucks to be you.
Walk in a look at the WOD on the board.  Warm up as a group.  Work on a skill as a group.  Your trainer will correct your form to ensure that you’re doing it right.
Start your WOD.  Huff and puff your way through it, all the while being encouraged by other CFers and your trainers. 
The Motivation
If you don’t wanna go, don’t go. 
If you don’t wanna go, go.  If you don’t the people in your class will ask where you’ve been and you better have a good excuse.
The Feeling
People don’t know your name.  You do the best you can.
Everyone knows you.
They become your 2nd family.
You do better than you ever thought you could.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. http://health.yahoo.net/articles/fitness/inside-cult-crossfit

    ReplyDelete

Followers