Whole 30 FAQs

9:31 AM

When I see friends and family they have tendency to ask me a lot of questions or comments, regarding The Whole 30 and Crossfit lately. I realized that through my frequent rants, I probably haven't been all that clear about what I'm doing.

So...in a completely narcissistic way as if I'm a celebrity I shall dedicated this blog to

Frequently Ask Questions about the WHOLE 30:
Q: What exactly is Whole 30?
A: Do you know what Paleo is? It's Paleo on steroids. The flow chart below actually gives a much better description that I do.


Q: What do you eat?
A: Meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts.
Q: That's it?
A: Yes

Q: Is it hard?
A: Sometimes. On a day to day basis it's not hard at all. I have all the nutrition I need and it's actual nutrition, not garbage. My relationship with food is changing. It's not live to eat, it's eat to live.

I went to a family barbecue last night and there was tons of yummy food that I couldn't eat...and there was tons of food I could eat and it was delicious.

The cake looked good but, really, wasn't that hard to resist.

Q: What's the hardest part?
A: I hate to sound like a real boozer but it's definitely alcohol. I don't drink everyday but I do enjoy a glass of wine during the week and I ALWAYS have a few drinks on Friday. That's not my favorite part and probably something I will add back into my diet after the 30 days are over.

Q: Anything else that's hard?
A: Ok, here's my confession. I have dreams about a cake in a jar that I saw on Pinterest. So embarrassing. I want this rainbow cake bad. I'm certainly not going to eat it in the next 16 days but after that...someone might need to give me a pep talk to resist :)

Q: I have always heard that it's not good to cut out food groups completely because then you'll binge on it later.
A: Think of an alcoholic, do they recommend that an alcoholic "cut back" or cut alcohol completely? Cut it out. Why? Because it makes them sick. There are certain foods that make me (well most people really) sick, so I can't have them in my diet. Will I "relapse" at some point...probably, but hopefully I have learned enough to get back on the wagon.

Q: How do you feel?
A: I feel BETTER THAN I HAVE EVER FELT IN MY LIFE and that is no exxageration. I lived my life in a constant state of bloat, congestion, and fatigue. I wake up energized, yes, even before coffee. My clothes look better on me. I'm NEVER bloated anymore. Anyone who knows me knows this is quite unbelievable. My skin is sparkling clean. I have only taken ONE allergy pill in 14 days. That is RIDICULOUS. I used to take at least 2 per day.

Q: I would like to do something like this but I just don't think I can.
A: You have to do it when you're ready. Over Thanksgiving our Crossfit 480 Nutrition Consultant, Kaitlyn, told me to do a 30 Day Paleo. I seriously looked at her like she was crazy. I was never going to do that. After New Year's I was ready. It was time for me and at that time I was 100% dedicated as I still am.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. It ain't cake in a jar, but did you see these salad shakers in a jar? http://www.antihousewife.com/2012/01/salad-shakers/
    Super adorable!

    Like you, I've found the Whole30 generally to be a lot easier than I suspected. It's really surprising, when you're ready to do it, you're READY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Cutting alcohol has been extremely difficult for me, too. I also realized that I was reacting badly to caffeine which meant that I've been trying to cut coffee. Honestly, cutting coffee has been a nightmare... much harder than sweets and bread! I guess that's addiction for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just rereading your blog. Love this post and your hilarious Q and A! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers