Effects of Whole 30
7:46 PMSo, I finished 30 days of eating: meat, fruit, nuts and vegetables.
I stayed on track the entire time, unless I accidentally ate something that had an ingredient I didn't know about...but I was pretty annoying good about asking. "Hi, very busy server. Can you tell me what type of oil you cook your sweet potato fries in? Are they dusted with sugar. Is there a wheat coating on them?" Eh, I don't feel bad, I'm a great tipper :)
Anyway, here are the effects 30 days later. Some of them, I didn't even notice until after it was over.
1. Clear Face
I don't have bad skin but in my 20s and 30s I would start to break out around my chin...my face was totally clear.
2. Tons of Energy
Every day, around 3ish, I have a "sinking spell." I would get really tired. I used to just want to move to Spain and take a siesta at that time with the rest of their country. I can't believe it was food related. I didn't have that tired feeling AT ALL during Whole 30.
3. Exzema Gone
I have this weird exzema on my arms. I know I'm making myself sound amazingly sexy right now. I thought they were sun spots. They seem to stand out more when I'm tan. Apparently, also food related.
4. Less Dark Circles
Without make-up, I look like I, either, A). Got punched in the face twice or B). Am a crack baby. I have SUPER dark circles under my eyes. Again, with the sexiness...seriously, why am I single?! Anyway, I didn't even notice until I was headed to the gym with no makeup and noticed they were so much lighter. OH MY GOSH! I almost rear-ended someone looking at myself in my rear-view mirror.
5. No Bloating
I wasn't bloated even ONCE during this. NOT ONCE.
6. Allergies Almost Gone
My allergies were virtually gone.
7. Weight Loss
I have always tried really hard to lose weight. Eat every 3 hours to keep my metabolism moving, no matter what! During this, I didn't try at all. I ate when I was hungry. I ate things my body needed and I felt amazing and weight just started falling off.
It was amazing.
Here's my biggest fear...I don't ever want to go back to how I was and I already feel myself doing it.
Why was doing Whole 30 so easy for me and now I'm having a tough time?!?! I need a pep talk from multiple people STAT!
Since I stopped Whole 30, the non-Whole 30 things I have eaten/drank are:
1. Sugar-free vanilla syrup in my black coffee.
2. Wendy's...SICK. Chicken sandwich, fries and a frosty...real mature Katie. --BTW, I felt sick before, during and after I ate the pretend food.
3. Vodka & soda...several of them...which led to my next bad decision
4. Vanilla Bean Cheesecake.
5. 2 cupcakes.
6. Coconut milk vanilla creamer
HELP ME! I don't even like it when I eat it.
Here is my plan to be 100% Paleo:
1. Take all of the shitty food out of my house
2. Shop, prep, cook...always.
3. Keep how I felt when doing Whole 30 in the front of my head all the time.
PS. I take back my blog about "doing it when you're ready." I recommend Whole 30 to EVERYONE. EVERYONE. Just try it and see what you notice. You will be so surprised at how much of your life, body, well being are affected by food.


2 comments
I'd just jump back on the Whole 30 train...I've found it really is the best way to live...although with an occasional indulgence. The longer you stay clean the easier it is to make those splurges truly "occasional" without spiraling out of control. It sounds like you know what make you feel good and what doesn't...good luck!
ReplyDeleteHey Katie! It's your cousin, Maggie in good ol' Michigan! I just started reading Robb Wolf's "The Paleo Solution" today and I am already SO excited about it. While reading it I had remembered seeing something on your facebook about it and then read this blog that you wrote... now I'm even more excited:-). My parents have been "Paleo" since November 2011 and they have both lost over 20lbs... I honestly have never seen them with so much energy and so happy. Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats on making the change and also, I love your blog - you're hilarious. Hopefully, I can stay as determined as you have! :-)
ReplyDelete