Whole 30-Days 6-10

6:58 PM




Day 6:
Didn't sleep great last night.  
Woke up feeling good.  Stomach was "in" <---That's a term I started using in high school for times I would wake up and not be bloated.  Your stomach is "in" and I wish it would stay like that all day…but usually by the time I take a shower it's back "out" again.
Still have some pain in the lower left-hand side of my stomach.  

I broke a rule!  I weighed myself and guess what…GAINED 0.5 lbs.  SO FREAKIN ANNOYING.

Note to all who are doing this: I know better.  Don't weigh yourself.  I know at the end of the 30 days I will have lost weight.  It's just not coming as fast as I'd like <--story of my damn life

Day 7
Went out to dinner with old friends.  The food part wasn't hard.  I really believe that you can find food that is acceptable anywhere you go.  It's not always the quality you'd like or the same as you would have at home but I don't see any reason this needs to inhibit your life.
Love me some asparagus 

PS.  They were drinking sangria and since we were always usually drinking when we used to hang out I really wanted a drink as well.  I really wanted to drink with them but after they got about 1 drink in and I had my ice water, I was fine.  I think it's the initial thought of, "Everyone is drinking and I'm not." 

Day 8
Woke up, again, with that pain in my lower left stomach.  Really wish I knew more about that. 

Other than that feeling really good, clean and lighter.  I know I'm not actually a lot lighter but I think that having all that bloating and inflammation gone/going away makes me feel really good.  My nails are getting stronger, I can feel them.  (Sidenote: They always grow faster on my left hand.  Weird?)

Also, I'm eating too much meat and not enough veggies.  Need to go shopping today. 

I had a dream I was eating tortilla chips <-- Seriously?! Seriously

I know the OJ isn't a great idea.  I only had a few sips and threw a lot away.  

I brought these for a friend who just had a baby.
Why do I torture myself?

Day 9
The newness has worn off.  Not really that excited to drink my coffee black this morning.  Need to shop and when I don't have any food it makes eating way more difficult.
Totally overcooked my salmon...bad move


Day 10
Noticing that I get hungry/snack attack right around 3:30-4 pm every single day.  Interesting.  I never noticed that before.  

Today around 4 pm I ate a crazy lot of food:
  • Banana with almond butter
  • Paleo Cake in a Mug-I know! I know!  Super strict Whole30ers…this is not technically compliant because you can't make unhealthy food and paleoify it.  I did it anyway.  It was great.  It still contained all of the acceptable items but I know I did break a rule.  So if this is your first Whole30, don't do that.
  • Chicken, avacado, cilantro <--I am definitely allergic to either avocado or cilantro…one of these days I'm going to do a test to figure out which one. 

Now, it's 6:23 pm, totally not hungry.  Done eating for the night but if I wasn't doing a Whole30, I'd be eating popcorn. 



Overall Feeling:  Eh...I'm just eh.  I'm not full of energy.  I feel fine.  My allergies are still kinda here.  I don't feel bad but I don't feel fabulous. 
Biggest Thing I'm Missing:  Coffee with something in it.  Morning is my favorite time and I think it's because I love my coffee so much.  Anything in it would be better than nothing.  Will to have just almond milk but def need something when this is over. 
Body Observations:  My shorts were looser today but that might be because I've worn them twice now.  Don't judge me. 
Mind Observations:  I actually feel like I was a little negative today.  I don't think it had to do with the Whole30 but I thought I'd tell you anyway.
Favorite Snack:  Strawberries and pineapple.  I had blueberries today.  I don't really think blueberries have a taste, do you?
Best Recipe I've Tried:  The freakin' Mug Cake ok?  I'm not putting a link here because I don't want you super good Whole30ers (which I DEF think you should be if this is your first time) to make it.  

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I had a dream about tortilla chips. Seriously? Seriously.
    my fave part!

    Keep it up friend....you're doing so well! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend I'm back cause I'm nominating you for a blogging award! Go to my BigTime blog and follow along to accept! If anyone deserves a blogging award....it's you, my totally hilarious, amazing-writer, friend!

    xo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Followers