It's the Thought that Sucks

7:28 PM

I do NOT love the saying, "It's the thought that counts."
It's not.
Just the thought sucks.  Nobody knows or cares that you "thought" to send a card, give a compliment, do something nice.  People care about action.



So, I would like to officially change the saying to, "It's the thought followed by action that counts."  Ya think it'll catch on?

I have some friends who are super action oriented.

Michelle sent me Dexter Season 1 the other day = Great
I, on the other hand, am an a-hole and I would probably just think of sending Dexter Season 1 = Sucky

My friend always sends me a birthday card = Great
I think about sending people birthday cards = Sucky


Lacey put all of the Dexter Seasons (I'm definitely obsessively addicted to this serial killer) in the mail today = Great
I would think of sending someone all of my seasons of Friends.  No?  You don't want it? = Sucky

Kelli saw that I was bored and wrote out a whole list of things I could do and shared it with me on Skype = Great
I keep thinking about sending her wedding present = Sucky x 2 years (because that's how long I think they've been married)


So, no, folks it's not the thought that counts.

A little less thinking and more action I say to myself...and anyone else who has my same problem.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. love this blog friend! I guess you're right, it's the action that counts : )
    but all your friends know you mean well!
    did you send dex #1 to stacey yet? : ) Get on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo homeboy, I have the same exact problem.......I find mailing things to be the hardest. The card, the address, the stamp, finding a mailbox....each of these steps literally takes me a month??!!!!

    Don't worry friend-we all love ya!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Followers