The 25 Best Things About Me
10:25 PMSometimes I'm super hard on myself. I get upset with myself for not being this or that all the time. I get down on myself because I must have done something wrong along the way because I'm not married yet. Or because I fall on and off the wagon with food. Or because I haven't worked out in months. Or because I don't send things in the mail enough.
That's not this blog. I could go on for days, and usually do, with self-depricating about yours truly.
Today, I'm writing the best 25 things about me...25 and I'm not stopping until I get there.
So, in no particular order...
1. I'm funny.
I'm a funny blogger and I really think I write in a way that makes people laugh. Sometimes I'm funny in real life too.
2. I'm a great aunt.
I do thoughtful and kind things for them all the time because they matter the most.
3. I don't hold grudges.
I don't care if you are sleeping with my boyfriend (You don't have a boyfriend), I am certain I won't be mad for long. Oh, I WILL be mad and you will get an earful, but after that...it's totally done. I don't think about it. I don't look and people at have residual anger, ever. I don't care what kind of argument it was. I just don't.
4. I am totally willing to "talk it out."
I am very assertive. Aggressive? No, assertive. I don't shy away from those tough conversations with people because I see them as totally worth it. I would way rather talk it out than have someone be upset with me.
I am very assertive. Aggressive? No, assertive. I don't shy away from those tough conversations with people because I see them as totally worth it. I would way rather talk it out than have someone be upset with me.
5. I love people so much.
I have crazy deep relationships with most of the people in my life because I'm 100% willing to work at them, always. I can't remember a time that I just wrote someone off. I'll always make it work.
6. I have great taste in music.
Most of the time people like my music because I like great stuff. My mom passed that down to me.
7. I'm mostly happy.
I love my life. There are times I get down but they are super short-lived. I really think people are good.
8. I have pretty eyes.
My dad's eyes are brown and my mom's were blue. My brother and I have the exact same color of green eyes--pretty cool.
9. I give compliments
I think it's important to be specific and tell people great things about them because I don't think anyone can hear that enough.
10. I am genuine.
It's all I know how to be.
Hmm...this list is getting hard already! How am I going to get to 25?!
11. I'm great with kids.
I super love my friend's kids and they always love me too!
Eeek...this really is hard. You should try and write one next. It's tough!
12. I'm a good cleaner.
I don't love to clean but when I clean, I clean! Wipe every nook and cranny and make it spotless.
13. I'm generous.
I would never get out my calculator to nickel and dime dinner with anyone. I'll give more, rather than less, every time. And I would give you my last $5 if you needed or wanted it.
14. I can write songs.
I can change the lyrics to almost any song and make a new one-mostly about Math :)
15. I'm a good winker.
Once I was practicing my winking and accidentally winked at my professor while he was teaching and he totally called me out, "Katie, did you just wink at me?" So embarrballs!!
16. I am quick.
I love people who think quick and witty like me. Having conversations, usually banter, is my favorite. My brother and I have perfected it with each other but others in my past have run a close second.
17. I'm always helpful at other people's houses.
I never just sit around and expect people to wait on me. I'm all about doing my part.
18. I find the humor in the yuckiest situations.
Most people have heard Tom and I do our Dead Mom jokes. They don't really love them but we think we're real funny. Hell, if you can't laugh you're bound to cry. We'd rather laugh.
19. I'm a good dog mom.
I take really good care of my pwetty girl.
20. Someday I'm gonna be a damn good mom.
I better be. I've been watching and learning long enough!
A-l-m-o-s-t done.
21. I look good dressed up.
My friend once said, "Most of us look the same but when you get really dressed up, you look great." Maybe that's because it's not what I ever do, but I can do it when it's required.
22. I'm a really good Googler
I always know exactly what to type to find what I need to find.
23. When I put my mind to something and commit to it, nothing will stop me from accomplishing it.
My brother actually told me that the other day. How nice!
24. I find really good pictures of words.
Josh makes fun of me for doing this but I like to find the right pictures of words to fit the occasion :)
Wow, last one. And I'm spent. I can't think of anything else. Hmm...this has just become a list of 24 because I think I listed everything.
25.
Your turn. Make your list. It feels good.







2 comments
"pwetty girl"
ReplyDeleteso funny and love this blog. I started drafting one like it but it IS hard!
#25 you are hilarious!!
ReplyDelete