Whole30-Days 1-5

7:54 PM

What's your "go to"?  Do you have one?  No, Katie, we don't have drama with our food all the time like you do.  Well, sometimes I start to crack out on sweets...and tortillas...and tortilla chips...and the delicious Ziti my sister made...and a million popsicles.

Every time my friends or I starting gaining weight we have our own "go to" things.

One of my friends is Nutri System.  Gaining a few lbs, she orders up another thing of it.
Another one is Weight Watchers.  Gaining a few lbs, she starts logging her points all the time.
Mine?  Whole 30.

The first time I did it was to check out this whole Paleo thing.  I had such great effects that for the next year I was on and off, with lots of on.

Anyway, back on the wagon and keeping a little log for the first time.

Day 1:
Feeling great.  Excited to be doing another Whole30!


Chicken Salad w/ salsa and avocado 
Day 2: 
Still feel great.  Maybe the "lull" phase isn't coming for me this time.  Not hungry.  Not bloated at all, yeah!

Spaghetti Squash with marinara & ground beef
"Mocktail" Soda water with frozen berries
Day 3:
Didn't eat breakfast until really late.  I feel like I've been doing that lately, even though I'm on Summer Break.  Need to start eating earlier.  Feel ok. 

Day 4:  Woke up feeling bloated.  Super lot of pain in the lower left-hand side of my stomach.  Why does it hurt so bad there?  It has happened before :(  Really tired today.  

Day 5: 
Feeling better.  Took a nap today.  Every time I seem to get hungry, the first thing that comes to my mine is sweets.  Real mature Katie. 
Omelet with salsa and avocado.  Side of strawberries & Oj
Chicken Nuggets...this were great!  Recipe to follow

Overall feeling: Feel good.  No need to break my Whole 30 at any time.  
Biggest thing I'm missing: tortillas
Body Observations: Face is getting thinner already (not thin enough but thinner), stomach bloating gone
Mind Observations: I love sweets...too much.  
Favorite Snack: Banana with Almond Butter 
Best Recipe I've Tried: Those  Chicken Tenders above.  I didn't do the Honey Mustard because honey isn't Whole30 Compliant.  However, I did drizzle some basalmic/olive oil 

PS.  Trying out a new "signature"  Thoughts?  Also...when you look at your own name in a million fonts, you start to think it's spelled wrong.  I hope I spelled my name right.  

PPS.  Now that I look at it, it's a kind of stupid signature but I'm too lazy to change it right now. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers