Quick Tip #1-Take Pictures
4:55 PMBecause there are a few of you who come here to remind themselves of their own journeys to the healthiest versions of themselves, I'm going to start posting tips that have either,
A. Worked for me
B. I've read about and seem awesome
Disclaimers:
1. I'm still not a size 2...nor will I EVER wear a size 2 but I'm a WAY healthier version of me than I was last year.
2. I'm not an expert.
3. I'm not a doctor. Although if we're being completely honest I actually think I'm smarter than most doctors and I think my aunt who's a nurse is WAY smarter than all doctors.
4. I am not a published advice giver from Good Housekeeping Magazine.
5. I don't claim to know all...although if you know me in real life you know that I pretty much do know everything. ;)
6. These are just things I believe. If you disagree, no prob. I love a good rousing debate anyway.
So...
Tip #1-Take Pictures
I think that sometimes when progress is slow, it's hard to remember just how far you've come...in anything. I am speaking in terms of body and self image today but I think it can be that way with anything in your life.
Obiviously, you know that somedays for me are so much slower, progression wise than others. I feel like I haven't lost any weight, the positive comments have slowed way down and I'm just going through the motions.
So, today I will share a conversation that reminded me that I have done good things and I'm not just writing this blog without a purpose.
I am in this Secret Group online with 2 of my friends...you can't see it right? If you can I am going to keel over and DIE of embarrassment. My friend said and I quote, "Post your Before/After pictures of yourself up here so we can see."
If you've been following my blog, you know that you have never see them. I'm sure that most of you remember seeing me at some point a few years ago and thinking (or saying behind my back...it's ok I probably talk about you too ;) ), "Ummm, WTF happened to Katie? Did she EAT another human? That's one hell of a belly," but even you, dear friends did not and will not see the full pics.
Anyway, I posted the pictures in the secret group and posted this along with it,
I'm not positive about whether I would actually cut two of my best friends or not but you have to be very stern with these 2 girls because they're kind-of blabber mouths ;)
and this was our conversation,

Jamie Duncan Your stomach, back and even your legs have changed so much! You have a lot to be proud of!
13 hours ago via mobile ·
Katie Cartier Awe thanks Dunk. Some days I just still feel so fat but hearing things like that makes me want to keep worki g and reminds me that I have made progress
13 hours ago via mobile ·
Jamie Duncan Oh my gosh, Katie!!! Are you kidding???!!! Your stomach is sooooooo much smaller! Keep going! We can do it together. :-)
Back to it...
On those days when the scale isn't moving or new people beat you again (yes it happened again today with, not 1 but TWO, 18 year-olds) or when you're struggling to run 400 meters (that also happened today), you'll have those Knowing that I can look back on these and remind myself how far I've come makes me so happy.
And guess what? I have come a long way Baby!
Skinnier Katie = Healthier Katie = Hotter Katie = Happier Katie.


0 comments