I Hear That All the Time

7:44 PM

What do you hear all the time?
You're so pretty.
You're so funny.
You're so smart.
Anything?  I mean if they don't say it to your face, perhaps, they're saying it behind your back ;)

There are a few things I hear all the time...
- Do you have a sister?
- Were you just at ________________ (fill in the blank with somewhere I was not)
- I feel like I just saw your twin

It happens a LOT.  I don't know why.  Here are the only two things I can come up with:
1.  There is a Katie imposter out there
2.  I have a very familiar face

I can assure you I am the 1 and only.  And that's enough of you Kathryn.  I don't think the world could handle anymore. 
Side note: Have all of you figured out that those italics are "your voice" back to me.  I'm anticipating your responses.

Anyway, I think it's kind of a weird thing that I hear that I look like other people all the time.  I used to be a little offended, "So, really, my face is so common that it's walking around everywhere?  I'm more unique than that!"

Sidenote:  This reminds me of a joke my friend used to tell me.  Stop me if you've heard this one.  Ha! Ha!  You can't stop me!  How do you catch a unique rabbit?  Unique up on it!  HILAR!


But then I changed my tune, "At least people don't see me for the first time, gasp and take a step back because I'm so odd looking that there's SURE they've never seen anyone like me."

Now...it just is what it is.

My standard response has become, "No, I just have a brother not a sister but I hear that often.  I think I must have a familiar face."

So, what do YOU hear all the time?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers