Come Fly With Me

6:42 PM



 It’s been 3 hours on this flight…I have an attention span of 20 minutes.  Must do something new.

So, I share with you…interesting noticings (I think that’s not a word) as I fly.

Food Fun
I brought my own snacks on the airplane.  I usually don’t do this.  Most times I fly I buy some super over-priced food at Paradise Bakery, California Pizza Kitchen or Chilis.  But today…I brought my own because I’m broke I want to eat healthy.  Both of the previous comments are true…but mostly I’m broke.  It’s the end of summer, I haven’t been paid in months and my budgeting skills suck. 

Anyway, I brought along a Justin’s Peanut Butter, a banana, trail mix from Whole Foods, a Lara Bar, and an all-fruit fruit strip from Target.  How impressed are you at my food choices?  They make me look like a pretty good Paleo girl (NOT perfect for my Crossfit mates who are reading this, pretty good). 

My banana got smashed and I wasn’t about to eat a mushy banana but the rest of my choices have tided me over and provided some nutritious energy.  High five to me being broke making good food choice!


Funny Flight
There are some things I LOVE about Southwest.  Bags fly free is one of them and the other are the HILAR flight attendants.  They always say funny things during the little shpeal at the beginning. 

“And there is a SUPER interesting safety information card for your reading pleasure, especially helpful if you’re having trouble falling asleep.”

“We’re clear for take off.  So we’re about to go fast, really fast…because we’re a jet.” 

“Your seat is a flotation device and if you end up needing that go ahead and keep it as our gift to you.” 

**Before I started typing this I was working on papers for my class.  It’s amazing how much slower my fingers move on these keys when I have to discuss auditors and school district budgets**

Eavesdropping Eyes
I love to people watch.  My friends may say I love to stare at people and not be subtle about doing so at all.  Nonetheless, I really like to look at what people are reading and judge them based upon that.  Men with Tom Clancy novels…good, solid men because my dad used to read those.  People Magazine…fist bump.  I’m with ya Sista!  Fifty Shades of Gray…a little slow on the uptake, huh?  B-T-Dub, I only read 1 chapter…and I hated it.  More on that later.  Anyway, my gripe is…all the e-readers.  How am I supposed to see what you’re reading and judge you when I can’t see the cover of what you’re reading?!



Travel Clothes
Oh what a vast assortment of clothing you see in the airport.  My travel clothing criteria consists of this:  Is it comfortable?  That’s it.  I mean, I’m still a girl so it has to be somewhat cute/comfy but really, faciness on a plane makes me have questions:

Are you from a much older generation and used to “dressing up” on planes?
I think that’s cute.  I saw an older couple all spiffed up in the TSA line and I smiled to myself. 

Is it a short flight and you’re going out with your girls right after you get off the plane?
I have done this before.  I have told my sister-in-law to do this.  “Straight from the airport to get drunk have dinner, be ready.”

Are your fancy clothes less binding (stolen line from…what movie?  Clueless!) than mine?
Heels hurt!  Except my super lame really comfortable Danskos but I save those beauties for just at work.  No, friends who wear Dankos (Red, FB, SD, and MM) I’m not criticizing you (Rolling my eyes because I can see your faces scoffing at me ;)  ) You wear them well.  I just do not prefer them for myself, but they ARE out of this world comfortable.

Do you just take a lot more pride in your appearance than me?
What?? Capri leggings, baggy shirts, and flip-flops don’t scream, “I’m sexy and I know it?!” Not to be confused with winter flying attire; longer leggings, a hoodie and Uggs.  Oh, I know.  You don’t even have to tell me I am a fashion goddess.    

So…old people, ready-to-go-out girls, people who don’t care about comfort I say, fancy it up!  You look great!  But I’ll stick with my airport uniform. 


Wow…this got long fast.  Are you still with me Friends?

I could go on and on…but I’ll end this novel now because I respect your time and eyes, but mostly because I want you to keep coming back to my blog and not say, “Sometimes Katie is funny but SO long winded!”  You already say that?  Crap.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers