What's YOUR Best?
9:06 AM
I've written about this before.
Obviously I haven't learned it yet.
From the time that I was little,
I wish I had her stomach.
I wish my thighs didn't touch.
I wish, I want, why am I not?
What an ugly and envious way to live.
Along this life journey
I am working to get better at this.
I am working to compare me to ME not to others.
Am I the best version of ME right now?
As with all lessons we are presented with the same lessons,
in different clothes,
over and over and over.
Today my lesson was wearing Lulu.
She told me how she's totally "off" right now,
because she only came to CF 6 days last week.
Side by side on the rower
All I do is focus on what she's doing.
She's rowing faster.
Her pulls are getting her further.
Crap, she's already off and on to the next part.
As I Burpee I look up at the clock each time.
How far behind everyone am I?
Will they all be waiting for me at the end?
My other friend walks up,
Can I give you a tip?
Stop looking up every time you jump.
Look at where you're going,
You'll finish faster.
ANOTHER reminder.
Katie, play YOUR game.
Are you doing YOUR best?
My best looks so different than other people's best.
My best at Crossfit looks like
5 Double Unders (not strung together)
When I couldn't do any before.
Someone else's is Triple Unders
But that's ok.
She needs to keep pushing for her PRs
And I need to do MY best.
My best eating looks like
Incorporating as many veggies as possible
Clean, clean, clean.
Someone else's is just skipping soda for the day.
But that's ok.
She needs to keep pushing for her PRs
And I need to do MY best.
My best teaching looks like
Kids singing and dancing and forgetting they're even learning
But being able to have rich conversations
And rattle off new information.
Someone else's is standing up from her desk
But that's ok.
She needs to keep pushing for her PRs
And I need to do MY best.
We all have different bests.
Sometimes my best is so much better than other people's
And sometimes it's so much worse.
But I have to remember...
Sometimes we do our best.
Sometimes we do less than our best
Ok, less than half ass
(Cough, dating)
Choose 1 thing and do YOUR best.
I won't focus on anyone else's best.
I will do MY best.
**I'm 98% positive that I've written this exact blog before, using the same pictures and everything. If you can find that blog I will give you...
A. A big high five
B. A virtual hug
C. A shout out in my next blog
D. All of the above.




1 comments
Fantastic post KC. Comparison seems to be around every corner! Thanks for this great reminder to not give into it! Love it, love you : )
ReplyDeleteKelli