The KatieSitting Blues
10:21 AMI bring you The KatieSitting Blues for 3 reasons:
1. I watched this movie 436 times when I was little. (I didn't actually count but that sounded like a good number).
2. My friend coined this amazeballs term, KatieSitting, and I'm going to wear it out until it's not cool anymore...which was 100 times ago.
3. This song is awesome. Play and be prepared to be transported.
4. I heart rewriting the lyrics to songs ( <---- this part is actually true) ...this is just one of my soon-to-be hits ( <---- this part is not).
5. I had a 6 hour drive in the car to come up with this.
5. I had a 6 hour drive in the car to come up with this.
KatieSitting Bules Lyrics
musician: Elizabeth Shue & Bo DiddlyHi. ahem. Umm, My name's Katie Cartier.
I going to Eastlake, that's a suburb.
They probably figured that out. huh
This is Liliana and Philip
And we're in trouble.
Ain't no doubt!
See Tom and Danielle,
tonight's their anniversary.
But then they went and Vegas
And now I'm here, just them and me.
And it's so hard...
And it's sooo hard...
Katiesittin' these guys.
She's got the......
There was this fall from Lily.
I went to pick her up.
Dropped my coffee on the ground
And all day couldn't get caught up.
And the Sippy Cups were so hard
And we left milk in the back
We were cruisin down the highway
And the Jetta had been Kid Attacked!
And it's so hard!
YEAH!
It's so hard...
Katiesittin' these guys.
She got the.....Katieeee sittin' blues.
Katie, Katie. Katiesittin' blues.
I've got the...Katieeee sitting blues.
Well alright!
There's nights....you swear you were born to lose. Not tonight.
And you wish your feet were walkin' in someone elses shoes.
The kids are really hungry.
At least that's what they said.
We ain't got a nickle.
And they should be in bed.
And you outta luck.
Outtaaa luck, watchin' these guys.
I've got the....Katieeeee sitting blues.
Katie, Katie.
Katieeee sitting blues.
Katie, Katie.
Katieeee sitting bluuues.
There are nights....
You swear you were born to looose...yeah!
Like tonight.
And you wish your feet were walkin' in someone elses shoes.
The kids are really hungry at least that's what they said.
She ain't got a nickle...
AND WE SHOULD BE IN BED!!!
And you outta luck.
Outta luck watchin' these guys.
I've got the....Katieeeeee sitting blues.
Katie, Katie.
Katieeeee sitting blues.
Katie, Katie.
Katieeeeee sitting bluuues.
And in the end I learned...
1. It actually wasn't so hard. They're great, happy and super well-behaved kids.
2. Every Mom had the best kids. I'm just the Aunt but I totally have the best kids. Nobody else's could compare...I'm sure that's how all moms feel.
3. The little moments are the best moments. Focusing on those makes the tired seem to dissipate...a little.
4. Kids cry. Not all the time but they cry and that's Ok.
5. Sippy cups are ridiculously hard to put together. Why are they so hard?!
6. Routines are ESSENTIAL! I knew this from first-hand experience as a teacher but kids thrive on knowing what's coming next.
7. Don't take a 19 month old kid to the movies. Just don't.
1 comments
Katie....soooooo creative! As usual, made me laugh! Gina :)
ReplyDelete