Is it Worth It?
10:12 AMDuring my 72 hour crash course in Mommyhood
We laughed and I learned oh so much...
So excited to dress them up
In coordinated clothes
Until they're covered in ice cream
With no baby wipes in sight
A tired and sugar crashed baby
Trips over her own feet
For the 3rd time in a matter of minutes.
Wipe away tears
Pick up the baby and head to bed
She picks out a book and crawls into my lap
She lays her head on my shoulder and squeezes so tight.
Yeah, the parenting thing is probably totally worth it.
Sugar crashed toddler
Has a meltdown over licorice
Wow, this mommy thing is tough,
Is the whole parenting gig worth it?
Not really sure I ever want to do this full time.
Put baby down for a nap
Wondering if I'll feel rested at all
In the next few days
Lay down on the couch with Toddler
And close my eyes
He's so quiet
He crawls over to me and lightly touches my face
I feel little fingers on my eyelashes
And a head on my chest
And he says, "Aunt Katie, we were snuggling."
My heart swells so big
I bet he could see it through my shirt
The weekend is full of this.
The ebb and flow of kids
Mostly happy children
With some screaming and crying mixed in.
And after my 72 hour crash course I think...
Yeah, I bet it's totally worth it.
My mom used to tell me
you will never know as much love
as you will when you have your own children
I believe that must be true.
I have never experience love like I have for these 2 children
But I bet this parenting thing is probably totally worth it.
1 comments
Tears. Yes, all worth it, a thousand times over.
ReplyDelete