Picking it up Along the Way
8:05 AMI went to a conference this weekend. I laughed. I learned. I wrote important things on paper...well, mostly I doodled on my paper. You laugh but that is how I keep engaged. You can bet that if I'm looking at the speaker I'm tuned out but if I'm doodling, I'm taking it all in!
As I was tracing over one of my designs the speaker said, "Nothing is impossible."
I have always had all these ideas in my head. I want, I want, I want but there's this little a-hole in my head that says, "You can't. You won't. You're not capable."
But you know what? I AM.
So, my new trajectory...
1. Be the Title One Facilitator
2. Be an Assistant Principal
3. Be a Principal
**While doing all of those things:
CO-WRITE A BOOK!
Oh yes, I said it. We're doing it. My partner in crime, the person who knows more about teaching than I ever will, and I are writing a book.
And then...we're going to get it published.
And then...we're going to become educational consultants.
As all of those speakers at the conference were speaking I thought, I could totally do that.
I mean I'm not funny enough to be a comedian but I can certainly stand in front of an audience and make them listen. And even if it goes poorly I'm bound to trip and fall up there at some point at which point I can always be the star in these future water cooler conversations, "Remember that speaker who fell?"
Is there a voice telling you that you can't?
Kick that voices arse. And when it comes back...kick it again.
If you tell people your dreams and they half-heartedly smile with a sarcastic grin, kick their arse too. No, don't do that. I don't advocate for violence. But...you could step on their toe. Call it an accident but you and I will know that you're showing that voice whose boss.
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.



0 comments