Sucking Sucks

11:04 AM

Warning:
I'm in a bad mood.  Do not read this blog if:
A.  You're trying to be inspired to get to the gym.
B.  You're trying to be inspired to eat great food.
C.  You're trying to be inspired*.

*I just misspelled inspired 3 times in a row.  Awesome. 

But, read this blog if:
A.  You're in a bad mood too.  Misery loves company.
B.  You can relate.
C.  You have some kind and positive words for me.

Ok, if you're still here...onward.

You know what I hate?  I hate sucking.  I HATE sucking*.  (I am yelling and pushing really hard on the keys when they're in all caps).
*I'm trying so hard to find a google image of something that depicts "I hate sucking." but...nothing appropriate is coming up.  Get your mind out of the gutter Google!

I don't HAVE to be the best at everything but I hate sucking.

Let me walk you through a little story I like to call.  W-T-F?

I go to Crossfit today and meet a new girl.  She just started.  I was excited for 2 reasons:
1.  I like new peeps and she looked nice.
2.  She was new so I knew I'd beat her.

Turns out, she just had a baby 6 weeks ago (and had a great body, b-t-dub (<----that's by the way).  Perfect, I'll DEFINITELY beat you.  


In September I will have been Crossfitting for a year.  That's a long time to stick to a workout routine.
Our WOD...you know it was a bad/super hard day when I totally remember the WOD when I get home.

18 minutes AMRAP (As many rounds as possible)
10 Wall Balls
15 Burpees...100 Day Burpee Challengers, I DEF got my burpees in today :)
10 Pull-ups
200 Meter Run

We pick up our Wall Balls...3...2...1...Go!
I'll just give you the short version of me working out today.  At 1 point our owner was standing near me clapping some sort of rhythm and I feel like he was saying this in his head, "Get. Your. Ass. Moving. Katie. They're. Just. Burpees.  This. Is. Ridiculous."  I sucked and then sucked some more and then sucked some more and Just Had a Baby Girl BEAT me!  W-T-F?!?!?!

I'm so damn annoyed right now, I cried on the way home and I want to quit*. We always get new people and they're always better than me.  I feel like I suck just as bad as when I started.  I need to go back to doing something I'm good at...sitting on my couch.
*I'm not actually going to quit because I already drank the Kool-Aid but I am mad.  

And...as if that wasn't bad enough, I have been to Sumits (Hot Yoga) 3 times and guess what...I suck there too!  A blog for another day but the instructor actually came up to me in the middle of class with a very empathetic look in her eyes and said with a head tilt, "Are you new?"

And...I've been doing at LEAST 1 workout a day all week and I've been eating great and I GAINED 2 lbs.

Recap:
1.  Sucking sucks
2.  I'm in an asstastic (asstastic, 1 word) mood



And there you have it.  Thank you for reading this inspiring, uplifting, empowering, crabby rant.

I'm going to see Magic Mike...because I'm almost as good at sitting in big chairs while drinking and watching sexay men as I am at sitting on my couch.


Tune in next time for a much happier blog :)

I found this...and I will try and focus on this...


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. We all have these days. You have changed so much in the past year both inside and out. You are my inspiration. You are strong. You don't give up and you look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is from Danielle by the way. You must still be logged on from Katiesitting.

      Delete
  2. You don't have to be better than everyone else, just be better than you were yesterday. I know...being red we want to be better than everyone...but really the challenge we should take on is being better than ourselves. Love you...keep going...come visit!
    Your fellow red :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers