T-O-R-T-U-R-E

11:19 PM

Yes that is the word I would use to describe my evening.  


Come along with me on a little journey...


This morning I checked my Facebook (imagine that) and this is what Boomer's status update said:
In just over 16min, I ran a mile, did 50 push ups, 50 KB thrusts & 50 box jumps... Now back to my regularly scheduled staycay... — at CrossFit 480.


IMH: W-T...a MILE AND A WORKOUT?  That's what I'm in for tonight?  How many excuses can I think of not to go to Crossfit tonight?  
1.  I have to clean my car because it smells like garbage (true story)...because garbage (no, really actual garbage) spilled in my trunk when I was taking it to the trash car.  PS.  Don't judge me, it was heavy.  

2.  I have to make 10 million pancakes tonight (another true story).

3.  I ran out of dog food and it took longer when I had to feed her canned Chicken Chili (yeah, that's true too...it's been a real winning day for me)

I couldn't convince myself not to go...partially because I pay to go there and didn't wanna throw my money away but mostly because all the people in my class will ask why I didn't go and when I tell them it was because I was scared they'll just look at me...and Justin will make fun of me. 
BTW: That's actually an updated picture of me in that picture...what?  You don't believe me?

So...my workout was the first part of the TORTURE tonight.  
PS.  I'm exaggerating a teeny bit.  That WAS the workout but it wasn't that bad.  It was sucktastic but a damn good workout.

2nd and WORST form of torture.
Before I start you should know that I ALWAYS overvolunteer myself and then regret it.  With everything.  All the time.  

Staff Breakfast is tomorrow.  My teammate volunteered to bring canned beans in a Crockpot, tortillas and coffee.  That was smart.  

I, on the other dumbass hand, volunteered to make a Pancake Bar with:

And all the fixins!

Reasons I'm a Jackass:
1.  That's way too much work.
2.  I'm on Day 10 of my 2nd Whole 30...I can't have pancakes or anything that remotely resembles a pancake.  
3.  I love pancakes and I can't eat ANY...ANY


That's all I got.  Thank you for tuning to tonight's edition of 2 Ways to Torture Katie. 





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Friend,
    What I love best about you is that you overcommit, and then you find time to write a blog. Serioulsly. Hilar.
    Love you....just say no to the pancakes for 18 more days. 18, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pancakes look sooooo tasty. love your blog. love your voice. miss you!
    KP

    ReplyDelete

Followers