Crossfit 480 180 Challenge Wrap-up
12:06 PMJust about 180 days ago I started this journey to change my body, mind and life 180 degrees. At the time I honestly didn't think I would change. I thought I might get a bit better in the gym but since I had always had a tough time shedding lbs in the past, I wouldn't change all that much.
I am convinced. I have all my stats below but more, than any of that I have so many people to thank. The gentlemen (Derek, Brian, Justin) for CF 480 have changed everything about me and I am forever in their debt (and those thank you cards are coming, promise ;) ). And anyone else who has helped me along this journey...which has been SO many people, thank you. Every compliment makes me want to push further and go harder. Every, "Come on Katie, let's go," has helped me finish that WOD a little harder and a little stronger than I thought I could have.
I've done things I absolutely never dreamed I could do. Crossfit 480 has changed my life. I wish I could just bring new members in droves because that's how strongly I believe in this. They say that Crossfit is a bit cult-like. I have to agree and I'm in. I'm so in that I just paid for a year up front. It was expensive...but worth every penny. I am officially hooked on eating clean and training dirty.
I say this and I will also say, I really don't think Crossfit is for everyone and I think you need to find what works for you. For some, it's Pilates. For some, it's cycling. For some, it's Bar class. Find what works for you and commit to it and push yourself.
So...just how has CF changed me?
Sidenote: I didn't post before/after pictures. I took them every week but there are just some things (very few ;) ) that I can't share on here. Perhaps, one day, I'll get really brave and post them...not today. However, a few people can attest to the fact that I look a bit different.
Description
|
180 Days Ago
|
Now
|
Mind and Body
| ||
Weight
|
Big…effin fat…not a size I wanted to be. There’s only a handful of people who know the number and I will keep it that way.
|
18 pounds less…18 pounds on a 5.2” body...and still losing
|
Ankles
|
Sprained at least 4 times with lots of torn ligaments so I walked like I was 88 until after my morning shower.
|
NEVER hurt…never.
|
Size
|
Big…should have bought Bigger but wouldn’t do it.
|
2 sizes…ok 3 sizes smaller…and going down!
|
Eating
|
Sugar addict, knew what to eat but didn’t do it.
|
Paleo baby!
|
At Crossfit 480
| ||
Burpees
|
A joke. My stomach was huge and whatever I was doing certainly didn’t look like a burpee…perhaps like an army crawl.
|
My burpees actually look like burpees
|
Pull Ups
|
Ring Rows…and they were hard
|
Blue and purple band.
|
Thrusters
|
Weightless PVC Pipe
|
65#
|
Back Squats
|
100 lbs (This was my best exercise)
|
155#
|
Box jumps
|
On the curb, jumping up and stepping down.
|
On a – in box, jumping up and jumping down.
|
Running
|
Run 100 meters, Walk 100 meters, Run 100 meters.
|
I finished a 5K without walking. I run every run in a WOD and never walk. I’m signed up to run Pat’s Run (4.2) in April…Running is my biggest accomplishment!!!
|
Comments
|
“Katie, just do 3 rounds, not 5.”
“See if you can squat a big below parallel.”
“Good work Katie. You’re going to get even better.”
|
“I saw you walk 3 steps, don’t let it happen again.”
“Get back on it. Let’s go.”
“Go ahead and just do 3 rounds,” but he WASN’T TALKING TO ME!!! I have to finish every WOD, every time.
“By the way, you look amazing.”
“Lookin’ good.”
|
Life
| ||
Me
|
Unhappy, unhealthy, not confident, ran away from cameras…yuck.
|
180 degrees different. I really didn’t think that I would be changing 180 degrees and I have. I just paid for a year of Crossfit because if anything interrupts my gym time I would be devastated. I am doing my 2nd Whole 30 (hoping to push it to a Whole 60) because I love how it makes me feel. Life is
|




0 comments