You Thought Wrong
7:15 PMSometimes I think I'm making a great choice, specifically in clothing and/or make-up.
I mean, I get it. I'm ok with looking back on photos and thinking, "Wow, really?" Cases in point...
- College with the REALLY flippy hair. I looked like a duck, which is funny because there was a girl we used to make fun of because her hair make her look like a duck. I'm 98% sure it was actually ME my friends were talking about and just trying to spare my feelings.
- The days I wore concealer that was WAY too light for my face. The results were pictures of me with really white circles around my eyes.
- When I was a hostess in college and I wore dresses and skirts that were so short I'm pretty sure part of my ass was actually coming out of it.
- Or the time that I did my lipstick in the car and had no idea how Chola dark it was and wore it into a party...where my sister-in-law and best friend were and said NOTHING...I still don't forgive you.
Not good decisions at the time but I didn't know. Although, as I think about...WHERE WERE YOU FRIENDS?!?! It's your duty to tell your friends about things like that! If there are or ever were pictures of me in Cosmo with black bars over my face, I partially blame you.
Today, my friends, I did it again.
I got all ready this morning. Showered, hair done (and when I say "done" I mean worn the same way I wear it every day of my life), outfit on and out the door.
I got to school. I got through my day. Nobody told me I looked cute all day. Not a student, not a teacher, nobody. I mean, people don't tell me I look cute every day. That wasn't the problem. It was the after school when I got home and looked in the mirror...I realized why nobody told me I looked cute.
My shirt. My new Ann Taylor Loft shirt looks like scrubs. I looked in the mirror and was like, "Ummm, really Katie?" Perhaps it wasn't as, hmmm...flowery with my trusty cardigan on top. By the time I got home the cardigan was off and I looked like I should have gone to work in a hospital today. AWESOME.


0 comments