Nancy Negative and Polly Positive

8:16 AM

Today, I write, again, because:
A.  I'm still on Spring Break and thought I'd put out as many posts as possible while I still have time.
B.  My body is too sore to move anything other than my fingers.
C.  I don't get the morning paper so with my coffee, I blog.

Nancy Negative Side:
I'm in an asstastic mood.  LPIYH (Little people in YOUR heads):  Oh joy, so glad you decided to share this bad mood with both of us.

The only reason I'm sharing this is because, perhaps, a few of you can relate.  Maybe there is a teeny, tiny chance that some of you are here because you, too, feel asstastic about this same thing.

So there I was...

  • My clothes are fitting awesome.  
  • Lots of my pictures are looking good.
  • People are making comments that I look better. 
  • My last workout was rad.


I was feeling good.  I was feeling pretty.  I was doing my morning walk around the internet and suddenly this picture kicked me in the face.
Sidenote:  There has NEVER been a good picture of me that has come out of the Crossfit 480 owner's camera.  That damn thing hates me. 


I don't look awesome.  
I look disgust.
Ewww.
Yuck.
I thought I looked better.

This sucks.  
I am ALWAYS sore and I STILL don't look the way I want.
I eat Paleo 90% of the time and I still don't look the way I want.

So, there you have it.  On this lovely journey (said in the most sarcastic voice possible), I don't feel super every day.  

Now, let's flip it because I'm not going to leave you putting out those Nancy Negative vibes.

Polly Positive Side:
  • I don't look exactly like I want to look but I'm getting there.  
  • I'm closer than I was 6 months ago.
  • I did 190 Wall Balls yesterday...and a shit-ton of other stuff
  • No matter how long I do Crossfit, it's ALWAYS hard (as in lay on the floor and try not to die hard) and I NEVER quit.

And all of the things I wrote before:
  • My clothes are fitting awesome.  
  • Lots of my pictures are looking good.
  • People are making comments that I look better. 
  • My last workout was rad.
  • I have tons of super great things going on in my life right now.  
  • I pulled out my entire summer wardrobe, a wardrobe that didn't fit last summer, and it ALL FITS! 

So, maybe your struggle is:
Eating right 
OR 
Drinking 
OR 
Putting Effort into your Job
OR 
Being a Good Mom


We're not "there" on our journey but we're all doing pretty damn good.  Let's focus on that.  You help me and I'll help you. ;) 


I think I can get where I wanna go.  Do you?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You are seriously such a great writer Katie, and it's the journey....you're an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete

Followers