Climb that Rope

9:34 PM

It's been a long time since I've been at Crossfit 480 and they've asked me to do something I absolutely can NOT do...until today.

Justin says, "So, we're going to work on our goals today. Sit-ups. Pull ups. Rope climbs."
IMH (in my head): Ok, I'll do sit-ups.
Justin starts walking and continues, "So, let's come over to the rope and we will all practice."
IMH: Eff that. Rope climbs are for Crossfit Competitors not your everyday Joe...er, Jane.



"So, here's how you do this," he says as he shimmies up the rope.
IMH: Impressive Justin. Now, on to my sit-ups.
"Ok, everyone give it a try."
IMH: Ummmmm, I'm ok with never trying this. How about those sit-ups.

Jeremy gets on the rope and climbs up it like a damn monkey...multiple times.
Henry gets on and climbs up a bit.
Lauren JUMPS on to the middle and the climbs a bit.

My turn after I took in the tips. Foot over foot. IMH: I have strong legs, it can't be that hard.

I jump (and I use that term "jump" very loosely because my jump gets me 2 mm off the ground) and miss the rope.

IMH: Are you f***ing kidding me? This is so embarrassing and effing ridiculous. The last time I climbed a rope, I was 5 years old, in gymnastics class and there were knots on it.

These shenanigans went on for, what felt like, an hour (perhaps it was only 3 minutes).
I was in the Special Ed group of rope climbers...I was practicing on the floor. Hmm, how do you practice climbing a rope on the floor.

I've heard this quote:


But what do you do when you can't even LEAVE the end of the rope?!?!

F*** rope climbing. That s*** is not for everyone.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'll get you up on that rope lil' momma....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that would have been me! Poor Katie. I know that sucked, but I'm sure you did way better than I would have. You'll get up that damn rope soon.

    ReplyDelete

Followers