Doing Work.
11:03 AMIt's interesting that the closer I feel I am to death, the more inspired I am to write.
As I walked into the gym, half awake, I saw Lauren and her first words were, "Oh, just you wait!" Not hello. Not, "It wasn't bad today." "Just you wait. Go look at that WOD." This is what I saw, only my eyes only saw the walking lunges.
Remembering that last time I did those in a WOD I was sore for a week, I got nervous. Then Lauren pointed at the top and bottom. Are you f***ing kidding me?
Ok, next goal. Just finish the WOD. I haven't not finished in months. I had to finish.
"Heather, I don't think I'm going to finish."
"Oh, you will finish. I won't let you not finish. My goal is just to not walk at all."
Ok, that will be my goal too. I'm ok with being last, I just can't walk at all.
3...2...1...Go!
LPIMH as I look at all the triathletes in front of me: Why the eff do I choose to workout with these people?!? I need to start working out with fatties. Then I might not be in the back of the pack.
Jog and jog and jog and jog. Totally in last place but kept jogging and every 5 steps I hear,
"Come on Katie."
"You can do this."
"Good job Katie."
And Ellie, in front of me, the whole way,
"Come on. Keep going. Don't stop running. You can do this. We're almost done."
She's a dentist and I'm sure she's a damn good dentist but I think she should get a side job as a motivational speaker. Love her!
Kettle bells. Hand-stand push-ups. Push-ups. Pull ups-PS. No more ring rows for this girl! I'm finally on bands!!!
Last 800 meter run. Done.
TWENTY SEVEN MINUTES AND TWENTY FIVE SECONDS. I was doing WORK for 27:25. Hardest WOD I've ever done in my damn life. I almost cried. I almost quit. I didn't.
Did you think about working out today? Get up. Get your shoes on. Get out the door.





0 comments