A Year in Review

8:39 AM

It's officially 2012.

Sometimes I want to go from being funny-self-deprecating-negative to real-live-wtf-is-going-on-with-my-life-negative. So, on those days I choose not to write because those days pass quickly.

As I read all of the thousands of posts,
"We're engaged!"
"We're expecting...again."
"I'm in love."

I start to wonder if I'm the only one at, what I feel like, is a stand-still in my life. I didn't get engaged. I didn't get pregnant. I'm still not a size 5.

But I did to some stuff...

In 2011 I:
1. Biggest Loser
I earned 2nd place in our BL Competition at school. It showed me that when I focus and put my mind to something I'm a little more competitive than I want to admit and through the encouragement of my amazing support system I can do anything.


2. Masters
I'm 1/3 of the Way Through my Master's. Yahoo! Who knew I'd be so competitive with school?! In high school and undergrad I was the queen of slacking. My job in college was to waitress and drink...and occasionally I went to class. Now, if I don't get an A, we have a problem!

3. Crossfit
I fell in love...not with a man (well, I did fall in love with Rich Froning ;)-ha, ha CF joke) but with Crossfit. I found something I love to do with people I love to see. The other day I was Back Squatting, repeatedly, 155 lbs. Holy heavy! I can Clean, Jerk, Press (well, let's stop and just say it's a feat to even know what those words mean :) ) more than just the Training Bar.

4. Rodel
I Was nominated for the Rodel Exemplary Teacher Award. I didn't get it but what an honor it was to stand among all of those amazing teachers.

5. Soaked it Up
A blog for another day but...I'm working really hard to soak up every second of being in the classroom this year.

6. Aunt Katie
My best title, to date, still stands. Sidenote: I write this blog as much as a record for myself as I do for others so you'll just have to bear with me :)

Philip is 3 1/2 and is, from my unbiased teacher perspective, gifted. Ok, not completely unbiased but...he is so smart! He can spell CVC words and his newest obsession is learning about the planets. He can name them, in order, tell you which ones are hot or cold and the size of them.

My niece just turned 1 and is so pretty she still takes my breath away. And...I could have sworn she said my name the other day. She's so smiley and sassy! Love, love, love her.

So...there I have it. My year. How was yours? Maybe you should write it out because I bet it was better than you thought!

Goals for 2012...
1. Run 3 5Ks, without walking
2. Go on 1 date...I'm setting the bar low so I can attain this one ;)
3. Drink 1 glass of green tea per day
4. Eat an apple each day
5. Put at least 100 miles on my bike

That's it. What are your goals? Are they in writing? Put them down! Let's help each other!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You are so right. I too, am feeling like I'm at a stand-still (actually I feel a bit directionless). I will write things down and see what I come up with.

    Your year was pretty fantastic!! Never any doubt by me, because you're AMAZING! love you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog. YOu have accomplished so much in 2011...and I'm excited for your goals for 2012. LC is BAAAAAACK! Talk to you in the morning for PPT. <3 You!

    ReplyDelete

Followers