What's Working?
7:24 PMMy journey is going well. I can't tell you how well because we're doing The Biggest Loser at work so I have to be secretive ;)
Here are 5 of the things that I am doing this time that I didn't do last time...
1. Tell everyone.
I started a blog. I write about it on FB. I text people. I'm finding that now that everyone knows I feel more accountable that I have in the past. Every Friday, after my weigh-in, I text "my people" and I've been doing it for several weeks. Now, I feel like if I were to gain one week and didn't send the text, they'd come looking for me and some of them scare me.
2. Shop and prep. Shop and prep.
I keep the right foods in my house and then I get them ready to go on Sundays. I chop, I grill, I cook, I prep. As a bonus, I'm saving money by using everything I buy. My fruits and veggies don't go bad anymore!
3. Cheat, but go out to cheat.
Friday is my "cheat day." I can stay healthy, pretty much, all week as long as I know that if I wanna eat pizza on Friday, I can. However, when I cheat I go out to get it. I don't order a pizza for delivery because then I'd have leftovers and I'd eat them...and eat them...until them were gone.
4. Make mini-goals.
My goal this week, be as low as I was during last year's Biggest Loser, which equates to about 2 lbs.
5. EAT!
I NEVER allow myself to get hungry anymore. I eat every 3 hours. I have found that if I don't let myself get hungry, I don't feel the need to reach for crappy food.
I'm still now sure how to stay healthy at family events where all of my favorite foods are tempting me. Perhaps, I'll learn that later :)

2 comments
You didn't call these tips, but these are such helpful ones for anyone who wants to have good eating habits. I love Cheat, but go out to cheat. I've never thought about the wisdom in that.
ReplyDeleteGood reminder about shop and prep! I have to get back on track with this........love your blog chick.
ReplyDelete