Welcome!

10:42 AM

Thanks for visiting!  I'll be blogging about my journey to the healthiest version of me this year!  2011 is my year!  I have all of the tools necessary to get my body, mind, and spirit into ship shape, so off we go! 

Here are the changes I'll be making this year:

Changes, not resolutions for the obivious cliche.

1.  I will write AND MAIL at least 20 cards to people this year.  I will not end the year with a stack of cards that have been written, stamped, NOT addressed, NOT mailed!  haven't I have some of the most kind-hearted, wonderful people in my life and it's time to give back and make them smile.  Who doesn't love getting mail that's not bills?!

2.  I will take pictures of anything and everything I'm eating and send them to my friend.  I know it sounds crazy but I think it will help hold me accountable.  I'm not so good at the point counting/logging but I am good at having my phone with me at all times (I know my friends are thinking, "Hmmm, you do have your phone with you?  Well why don't you ever answer it?  I know.  I know.  You already know I screen and don't like talking on the phone.  However, if you happen to call me while I'm driving, I'd LOVE to chat it up...but I digress).  So, I figure that if I am forced to take a picture of exactly what/when I'm eating, I'll feel more accountable!

3.  I will pay off my credit cards!  I am on a debt diet!  You would think that my parents taught me to live on credit.  I don't know how all of my mother's lessons (that she learned from Oprah) and making me divide up my allowance into jars starting at age 12 (50% into spending, 20% long-term savings, 20% short-term savings, 10% to a charity) have escaped me.  I REALLY don't know how my father's ten million conversations on how stupid it was to use a credit card and not pay it off every single month have escaped me either.  Thus, my goal is to become more like my father with the money matters.

4.  I will write a new, positive message to myself, every evening, on my mirror (Are 3 commas too many when not making a list...I'm a run-on sentence a-holic).  Then, I will read it every morning.

5.  I will write my goal for each day on my white board at work.  Then, throughout the day, my students will help hold me accountable.  Gotta love 6th graders for their honesty! As they look though pictures of old classes, "Ms. Cartier, wow, you used to be a lot skinnier!"  "Hmmm, thank you for stating the obvious."  Little guy in my class replies, "Don't worry, you can get there again.  We can help you!"  Again, gotta love 6th graders for their honesty!

6.  I will go back to Zumba!  Why did I stop?!?!?  I love being there.  I love the way I feel after I'm done.  Again, why did I stop?!


7.  I will blog about the road to The Healthiest Version of Me.  The question is...blog where?  Blog here?  Blog on another site?

So, there you have it!  7 New Year's Changes! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers