Katie vs. The Cookie Dough
6:26 PMSeriously?! It’s DAY 2! DAY 2 and I was already taunted, tempted and almost conquered by the cookie dough. Let me paint you a picture…
There I was, walking into Fresh n’ Easy to get 2 things: pine nuts and….and…and…shit, I already forgot what else. I’m so consumed with the cookie dough, I can’t even concentrate.
Going back… I walk in, past the baskets because I was just getting a couple of things. I walk past the lettuce, past the spinach and, past the super-cute and deliciously prepared meals. Walking along, chatting on the phone. Well, since I was on the phone I must have walked around the store 7 times because I can’t concentrate on both things at once (that and I couldn’t find the damn pine nuts).
7th time around the store and by this time I had in my hands: pesto, egg whites (which look like a runny nose by the way), and popcorn seeds and no pine nuts. Even though I know they’re not down the refrigerated aisle, I go down there anyway. Mmm, lunch meat? Nah, don’t need it. Ground turkey? No, not right now. OH MY GOSH!!!! COOKIE DOUGH! I walk closer to the cookie dough to get a better look. They’re perfectly shaped into oversized cylindrical mounds of deliciousness and not just 1 flavor. They were peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, sugar and I wanted them all.
I was literally salivating in front of the sweets. So fresh, so easy, so beautiful. I was having visions of putting a blob into the microwave for a few seconds until it was still doughy, but a tiny bit cooked. At the same time I was having the following thoughts: You can’t be serious? It’s Day 2 and you’re not allowed to fuck it up on Day 2. Come on self-control, kick in. Ok, if self-control isn’t there at least I know that I have to blog about this if I do it. How weak will I look. Dear Blog Followers, I’m weak and I binged on cookie dough on January 2nd. Awesome.
So, who won you ask? KATIE WON BITCHES!! That’s right. I withstood temptation, got the things I needed and went home to make some stuffed salmon. YES! 2 days down…the rest of my life to go. Ahh, God help me!

3 comments
YEAH!!! Great job with the self control!
ReplyDeleteThis made my day!! Brilliant!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, KC! Fantastic self-control not to buy it, rip it open, and consume it as soon as you got to your car! Very proud of you!
ReplyDelete