Permission to...
11:55 AMIt's been a while since I have done a good 'ol "Permission to..." blog and I have gained a few (ok 2) readers since then so if you don't know the drill, here are a few old ones...catch up.
Permission to...
Permission to...
Permission to...
Permission to think MOST people are crappy at making Powerpoints
I was grading my ASU papers last night and I kid you not, there was about 5 paragraphs of text on one slide. I don't understand!
A Powerpoint Presentation is a visual GUIDE for an actual presentation but so many people are BAD at making them.
It is not meant to contain lots of full sentences.
It is not meant to have flowery language all over it, unless it's a quote.
It's meant to be important PIECES of the actual presentation you're doing.
Ahhh, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.
Also, while I was looking I found Learning to Design Powerpoints Like a Badass. Very informative. Highly recommended by Katie Cartier.
And while I'm here an iMovie or slideshow should NEVER be longer than 8 minutes and that's pushing it. I don't care how important that person is/was...more than 8 minutes is TOO long.
And that leads me to my next point...
Permission to think people need to talk faster...or have more content to what they're saying
I've said this before but apparently the entire world isn't keeping up with my blog because they're still doing it! If you can't say it succinctly, you don't know it...so don't talk. The first part is a quote. I added the last part. Obviously. Let's go faster please (picture me clapping my hands with each of those words). I think we can all keep up. Think about what you want to say. Say it succinctly and please, for the love of God you doooooonnnnnnn'tttttt neeeeeeeeeedddddddd tooooooooooo caaarrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy out every word. What. The. !@#$.
Permission to think you need to take a test prior to being on Social Media...or composing anything
How, just how, are there still such glaring grammatical errors out there? I mean don't get me wrong, I'm the Typo Queen but I think every single person over the age of 9 MUST know...
To-Going towards something
Too-An extra amount or meaning as well (Moving too fast, I ate too much dinner, Me too)
Two-a number
Their-belonging to another person
There-a location
They're-meaning, they are
Permission to remove my work e-mail from my phone
Yep, I'm doing it. Starting next week, I'm deleting it for 3 weeks...or at least hiding it ;) Vacation time means NO WORK. NONE. Ok, Katie, do you hear me? None! (As I pick up my phone and reply to a work e-mail). Now, the question is...do I make a commitment to completely unplug from technology or just work e-mail?
Permission to have my Christmas decorations set up like an obstacle course in my garage
If I post a picture of me at Urgent Care, it's because I tripped over all the %^&* in my garage. It's immature and low rent. I hope I'll put it away by October.
Permission to be having a REALLY hard time deciding on my cheat meal
And when I say cheat meal, I mean cheat meal and dessert. I have waited all week. Do I just waste it on pizza. I mean, I love me some pizza. Sushi? But more importantly, what's for dessert? My friend suggested, knowing it's my favballs, "Tropical Sno?" I scoffed at her idea, "Ummmm, no. I need something WAY more fatty like ice cream."
Permission to think my couch is a prime spot for clean laundry
Wash.
Dry.
Place on the couch and dig through the pile each day to find something to wear.
Grow the !@#$ up Katie!







0 comments