Singular Style

9:49 PM

I have a friend.  Let's call her Julie, because that's her name.



"I really think I need to be a bigger part of your blog, perhaps an entire blog dedicated to me but don't use my real name but think of a good name because if it ever becomes a screenplay, I definitely need a starring role," and while we are out (which is pretty much every day) and she says something funny (which is pretty much every time she opens her mouth) she says, "This needs to go in the blog."

Wow, it sounds like Julie is as high maintenance as you are Kathryn.  
Absolutely...but way more high maintenance.

The big joke always becomes "Katie's Style."

In my personal opinion I'd describe my style as calm and classic.  Perhaps it would be described different to others.

Conversations from today...
I need you to imagine the delivery of all of these lines from Julie as deadpanned as you can and dripping with sarcasm because that's her personality.  We have such similar personalities.  Super blunt.  Very sarcastic and pretty damn quick if I do say so myself.

Driving in the Car
Me-I ordered these shorts (pointing to the ones I'm wearing) from American Eagle and wasn't sure if I was going to like them...
Julie-Why would you think that?  Of course you were gonna like them.  They're cuffed.
Me-(giving her a mean look) but I DO like them and they are really becoming my summer uniform.
If you don't have these, you need them
Old Navy
Me-(Picking up a striped tankini top)  Awe, LOVE but I need to find my size in the bottoms (looking for the same striped bottoms).
Her-(Picks up teal bottoms) How bout these?
Me-Obviously not.  Those don't match
Her-What?  They do.  There's teal in the top and these are teal.
Me-Just stop and put them down.  They don't match.  You're making my heart beat very fast.
Her-(Picks up a rash guard in the exact same pattern)  Do you need this piece too?
Me-Don't get crazy.  That's too matchy matchy and it's not part of the original swimsuit so if I had to get it, it would be in a different color.
Ha!  This is what she picked out!


Driving to the Next Place
Her-Our friend's son is adorable.
Me-(I nod)
Her-His hair is amazing.
Me-(I nod)
Her-I know you're not a fan of the long hair (she says this and her son is going to be 2 next month and his hair is super long)
Me-I mean, I just think all boys should have neatly trimmed hair that's shaved a bit on the side and all girls should have a little bob that curls under.

I did mention that my nephew's hair is a little long right now but he's perfect.

Famous Footwear
Me-(Pick up a pair of peep toe, sling-backs with a "kitten heel (<--- She taught me that term today)  I NEED these!
Julie-I'm not sure why.  You probably have them in 6 other colors at home.
Me-Just navy, beige, and black but it's time to replace my black ones.
I need these in my life

Ross
Me-I want to do my guest room in a nautical theme
Julie-That's original, as usual.

TJ Maxx
Her-(Picks up a pair of extremely tall black wedges) These are adorable.
Me-(Just staring at her and moving away from the shoes)
Her-You should try them on.
Me-Not in a million years.
Her-You need to live a little
Me-Fine but I will never wear those shoes.  They are way too tall.  They are meant for children.  100% you won't get me in those (and I'm saying this I pick up some sensible beige shoes).  I actually have a pair of peep-toe, sling-backs that are really tall and I have only worn them once.
Her-Because you're boring. You see what's happening here.  This describes us perfectly (looking at the shoes each of us are holding).

We had to text a picture to Danielle and this was her response.

Standard


Ok, so I'm a little predictable and I love that she never sugar-coats a thing for me and I never do for her.  She thinks my style is so predictable and boring and I think she needs to take her leopard print and burn it.


I need...
Well structured clothing.
Things to look very neat.
Everything matching
Themes for everything (birthday presents, parties, any type of entertainment)
Printed place cards at all parties for items, even if we already know what they are like sour cream or guacamole.
Pictures to be the correct size on the wall, the correct distance apart and using the correct clustering technique. Hashtag: REAL big pet peeve
I don't like walls with any people I don't know (ie. Cartoon characters, singers, actors, animals)
High levels or organization

Sidenote: Conversations with Tom today, "What should I bring when I come to Colorado?  He says, "I don't know but I'm sure you've already packed baggies full of items that we have readily available in the kitchen."  "Well, I did.  Philip's science kit has everything he will need for 20 science experiments and a box that is the "Parent Pack" so you can put it somewhere for all the things he will need to get from you for safety reasons."  Tom didn't respond to this.  I think he was thinking about what an Organizational Wizard I am.


If you need me I'll be at The Gap or Pottery Barn.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers