What I'm Loving Wednesday-35 Year Old Edition
6:48 PM
If I'm being totally honest I wanted to bury my face in the sand and stay there all day I wasn't that excited about turning thirty-five this week but ya know what...I know the raddest people in the world so my birthday was way less painful that I thought it was going to be.
So many things to love and so much gratitude to give...
Facebook Posts
I mean, really, so many people took time to type out great Happy Birthday messages and I loved reading every single one.
Being Called Beautiful
Yep. You already know I'm that vain. I don't know why I appreciate being called beautiful more than anything else. My mother is shaking her head somewhere in Heaven right now, "Kathryn Ann, that is NOT the daughter I raised!" What?! Who doesn't like being called beautiful?!
Non-Working Lunches
We didn't even have our computers out! We just sat and chatting and enjoyed the most delicious home-cooked meal AND dessert that I didn't feel the least bit guilty about eating because it was my birthday. Did you feel guilty for the Tropical Sno you ate the other day...it wasn't your birthday that day.
High/Low
"Katie!!!," they collectively yell when I force them to play High/Low but I know they secretly love it just like I do and all my work friends fully appeased my need to play. Because we knew you wouldn't shut up if we didn't.
Thoughtful Gifts
The girls bought me so much great stuff but I was SO excited that they remembered how much I wanted to try a french press. I'm so excited. A friend is coming in town this weekend so french press coffee will be served! I'll wait for the #coffeefail post on Facebook.
And...I got a HYDROFLASK! The ice stays as ice ALL. DAY. LONG. Yes, even in Arizona.
Flowers
I got 3 bouquets of flowers! So, so beautiful and so thoughtful!
Dinner with Old Friends
It feels like we have known each other forever, we pretty much have. It's just easy. No niceties, just normal. I love that they made it happen.
Unexpected Texts
I got a text from an old friend. Short. Simple. Unexpected.
Video Messages From My Family
They all sang to me and now I have that video to keep so I can see those cute faces anytime I want. Win.
Old Pictures
My friend sent me tons of old pictures of us from college...we were such babies! I loved taking a walk down memory lane every few hours. I had the best college experience and best friends anywhere...and with a little bit of luck, I even got a degree.
| Cool pleather pants |
A Text an Hour
Are you ready for this? My brother sent me the most detailed, sincere text every hour. I literally had tears in my eyes every hour. Almost every single conversation I have with Tom involves him telling me why I'm wrong about something but on Monday, he was Mr. Sensitive and I loved every minute of it. Until next year Little Brother.
A little insight into my blog...finding each of these pictures takes a really long time and after the first few, I don't want to find anymore but I feel bad for the other little paragraphs, like they will get their feelings hurt if they don't get a picture, so I keep going. You're such an odd duck KC.
Yesterday was so great. Today, I'm just fucking 35.








0 comments