Climb Out

7:33 PM

I need you to turn on this song while you read this so you can be in the same place that I am right now and also because it's awesome. 

I would like to publicly thank the people in my life who endured without hitting me hung out with me for the past few months.  

Do you ever get in a really negative place.  
I am a happy freaking person.  
People who hung out with me in the past few months:  Ummm, I beg to differ.

I am.  

I am.
I am.
I am.

Sometimes, though, I can get in a real yucky, bitchy place, a deep dark hole.   
Complaining, in a bad mood and more complaining.  Seeing the craptastic side of everything. 
Ew.  Who would want to be around that person?


NOT ME but sometimes life just seems to pile up. 
Friend problems, work problems, home problems...and suddenly it feels like life is just stacked against you. 

Well, as you know, I heart my friends who can hold that mirror up and, in the most loving way possible say, "You're a real shitshow these days.  Pull yourself together or you're not going to have any friends anymore."

So, I dug myself out. 

Weekends were more fun.
Time with my family was priceless. 
Work got so much more positive.


But those things didn't just happen.  It was through a series of conscious decisions that I started to see things more brightly and get back to Katie <--- or who I think is the Katie I know.  
It's weird that you're speaking of yourself in the 3rd person. 

I started eating better.
You ate an entire lemon cake this weekend.  Don't think we forgot.
But it was in 1/3 increments so that's different.
It's not different. 

I started working out more.
More...more than zero?
Yes, more than zero.

I started going out more.
Katie, you still go to bed at 8:30 pm.
But...a few weekends ago I stay out until 11!  What, what!


Anyway...I climbed (climbed? clumb? <--- ha! that's not a word but I'm using it).  I clumb out of my craptastic hole. 

I'm back baby! The world doesn't suck.  
It's beautiful!  Are you listening to the song as you read this?  Do it!!

Do you ever get in a yuck place?
How have you clumb out?
If I get like that again, will you find a mirror and hold it up?  







You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I don't think we talked that much cause I didn't realize you were in such a shitty hole. I'm so glad you clumb out! :-) xo

    ReplyDelete

Followers