Don't Skip Dinner
7:10 PM
Are your actions matching your actual priorities?
In the craziness that becomes our lives I think we forget what the MOST important things are. It's those relationship we have with the people we love.
Every week, for years, I went to my parent's house for dinner. It was our ritual. I'd go over. I'd chat with my mom while she cooked and Dad would pour me a glass of wine.
We'd enjoy or evening, usually ending up on the patio and then my mom would come and snuggle with me and then tuck me in. I was well in to my twenties and she would still come and tuck me in to bed when I was spending the night over there.
One night I called Mom. I was swamped at work, crazy busy with stuff. So, I called and cancelled dinner. I knew it was a bad idea at the time.
Fast forward 10 years. I have no idea what I was doing at work that day...but I remember skipping dinner. I would give the next 10 years of work for dinner with my mom.
Don't skip dinner.

0 comments