Whole 30-Weigh-In (Before)

8:07 PM

I'm ready to start.  Why?  Because I'm too far from the very healthy lifestyle I was living for a while and need to get back to it.  Time to make some changes!

But...before I do, time to do some things I hate.

We all knew that this was part of The Whole 30 Challenge:
1.  Get weighed
2.  Test Body Fat
3.  Take Before Pictures
4.  Do the WOD-Pre and Post

In fact some of my girlfriends and I had already e-mailed back and forth about it, "I don't want Derek testing my body fat.  That's making me not want to do it."  "The Before pictures, alone, are enough to make me stick with it."

I wasn't crazy about doing any of this either.

Perhaps you've read about my total and utter anxiety slight dislike about doing things like telling people all of those things listed above.

I had come to terms with it though.  I was in.  Doing The Whole 30...with my gym...all together.

So...there I was.  I gathered up my courage for Derek to weigh me in and do all the rest of the crap gather the rest of the necessary information.  There are about 7 people standing around, mostly fit fit girls.   This is a medical scale.  It stand upright and you have to physically move the little block over to the next number and then slide the level.  It's not one of those that you can cover the number with your foot.

He says, "Ok, hop on the scale."  I do. And I look over so I can get off real quick and he's chatting with other people and I'm standing on the scale and he's chatting and I'm standing there with my weight displayed for the world Crossfit 480 to see.  I waited for about 8 minutes on that scale...ok it was probably 45 seconds (I may or may not have a slight tendency to exaggerate things when they are negatively affecting me).

Then he yells out, "Ok, what is it?" and gets ready to write it down.  I look at him like, Are you high?  I'm not just going to yell out my weight to you.  So I quietly go over and whisper it to him.

Then he does my body fat testing with some fancy pants device.  He puts this goo on the machine and puts it on my tricep.  Then my stomach.  Then my hip.  Then my quad.  I didn't die.  My body fat percentage is on the high side of healthy but not overweight or obese which made me happy.

Moving on...here's the climax of this story.  Wait for it...
I had worn a white shirt under my regular gym tank because I was going to show the white shirt in my before pictures because it shows more flaws. And in your Before picture you want my flaws.

I'm ready to take off my gray tank and stand in my white one for the before picture.

Derek says, "Ok, do you want to go in the bathroom because I need the before picture in a sports bra."
I literally started laughing.  "Absolutely not," I say with the straightest face ever.
He laughs.  I'm sure because he knew I was going to say that.
"No, I'm not doing that.  What's my other option?"
"That's the only option Katie."
"I'm not doing that," I say in my most firm teacher voice.
He says, "Ok, ok, you can take them at home if you want."
"Done."

Let's take a before picture in your sports bra...shaking my head...umm no Sir.  Granted my before pictures now look better than my before pictures from a year ago, but still, no.

PS.  I went home and took the pictures.  Actually I had my best friend take them.  And I am a HUGE advocate of ongoing pictures...so DO IT.  But you do NOT have to let your trainer at the gym take them.  ;)  Hopefully your before and afters will be opposite of Arnis but I think wearing an animals teeth around your neck always add something to photos, don't you?



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm dying laughing over here. That's a sports bra nightmare! Good luck on the whole 30! I'd live to do it with you next time.

    ReplyDelete

Followers