My Sister

5:57 AM

Once upon a time I met this girl.  She was 17 and  one of the most beautiful people I had ever met but it was like she had no idea how pretty she was.  From the moment I met her she was so kind and wonderful to everyone in our family.  She would make time to chat with my mom, my dad and me.  She found out the things we liked and had a way of talking to people that made them feel comfortable...but I was skeptical. 

See she was dating my brother and things were getting pretty serious.  He walked around with this googly eyed twinkle that I had never seen before.  Up until this point the most important people in Tom's life were me and my mom.  But along came Danielle and all of that changed and I was just unsure.  Would she be strong enough for my brother?  Would she love him enough?  

And the answer?
Yes.  A resounding yes.  Yes.  Absolutely. Yes. 

She was strong enough to date my brother.  
She's strong enough to marry my brother.  
She's strong enough to make a home.
She's strong enough to birth two of the most amazing angels in the world.
She's strong enough to make them listen...all of them.
Oh yes, she's strong enough. 

And the other answer...yes to that too.  

She loves him enough.  

She loves him enough to fully support his dreams.
She loves him enough to tell him when he's being an ass.
She loves him enough to love all of us.
She loves her family enough to spend quality time with them always.
She loves them enough to be the very best mom I've ever seen.  

She loves us all enough. 

She loves us enough to spend holidays.
She loves us enough to know exactly what we're thinking without us having to say a word.
She loves us enough to let us love her kids.  

She's a strong woman whose love is boundless.


And I, in turn, have been blessed with a sister and a best friend for the rest of my life.  Danielle, my sister, has enriched my entire life.  She is the most kind-hearted person I know.  Her heart breaks for people who are having a hard time.  She goes out of her way to do little things to let the people in her life know they are important.

Her care for other people, even total strangers, is boundless.  She'll see a story on the news and the next thing we know she's rummaging through her house to help a family who needs baby clothes for their newborn.

And, I find it completely amazing, but she still doesn't know how beautiful she is but anyone who knows her knows.  Inside and out she is gorgeous.  Sometimes I have to stop and remember that I really get to keep her, as my sister, forever.  How lucky am I?


I love you 1/2 D, my sister, forever and ever.  I can't believe we've known each other for 12 years.  It feels like a lifetime.  I can't imagine one day without you in my life.  You are everything good.  And 30 looks fabulous on you.  


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I am crying and crying over here. This is by far the nicest thing anyone had ever said to me. Thank you so much sister. I feel the same way about you. God knew what he was doing by making us sisters and friends. I am so blessed to know you and to be so close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I accidentally deleted Whitney's comment. I don't know how to work my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Followers