The Moments We Live For
8:31 AM
My brain is elsewhere.
In the past
In the future
Not right here
Except for sometimes
Because sometimes I catch myself
Right there
Stuck smack in the middle of a moment
And I smile because I am so happy
Because in that moment with that person
There is no where else I would rather be
And these are the moments we live for...
On the bow of a boat with my sister
Waves crashing, hanging on for dear life
And laughing like little girls.
In a living room with some of my oldest friends,
Realizing that while everything has changed
So much has stayed the same.
Cold and snowy nights.
Warm hot tubs, lit cigars
Great conversations.
Waves crashing, hanging on for dear life
And laughing like little girls.
In a living room with some of my oldest friends,
Realizing that while everything has changed
So much has stayed the same.
Cold and snowy nights.
Warm hot tubs, lit cigars
Great conversations.
Grocery shopping with my partner in crime
Our Sunday routine that is less of a chore
And more like bonding time.
Putting together puzzles with Mom
Discussing life and how we would do in her absence
Knowing I wouldn't give up this moment for anything.
Waiting in a line at the Hoover Dam
Picking the brain of a good friend
Learning new things on the drive home.
Walking down a beach pier with my favorite person.
Laughing and joking the way only we can
A secret language that only we speak full of so much history.
Our Sunday routine that is less of a chore
And more like bonding time.
Putting together puzzles with Mom
Discussing life and how we would do in her absence
Knowing I wouldn't give up this moment for anything.
Waiting in a line at the Hoover Dam
Picking the brain of a good friend
Learning new things on the drive home.
Walking down a beach pier with my favorite person.
Laughing and joking the way only we can
A secret language that only we speak full of so much history.
Standing by his truck
Wondering, hoping he'll kiss me soon
Happy to be exactly where I am
Happy to be exactly where I am
Snuggling with two sweet babies
As we calm down from a busy day
And I'm so happy in this moment.
Kayaking down a river and reconnecting with Dad
The scenery, the weather, the company
It's all perfect.
Painting with my friends
Mimosas and girl time
Discussing life with reminders that all will be ok.
As we calm down from a busy day
And I'm so happy in this moment.
Kayaking down a river and reconnecting with Dad
The scenery, the weather, the company
It's all perfect.
Painting with my friends
Mimosas and girl time
Discussing life with reminders that all will be ok.
The very best moments of our lives
The moments that seemed so meaningless at the time
Think back as your eyes flood with tears
Those little moments were so big.
What are your little moments that were so big?

0 comments