Rx

9:11 PM

I'm finally in some much needed therapy.
Thank God Katie.  We've been telling you for years.  

Save your jokes, funny friends.

PHYSICAL therapy.

I learned 5 things while I was there.  I didn't actually learn 5 things while I was there.  I can currently think of 3 but I feel like 5 is a much better number of things to learn so I'll have to do some quick thinking as I type...

5.  I sprained a part of my ankle that is virtually impossible to sprain.  
What can I say?  I've always been something of an overachiever.  Umm, that's not what your high school GPA said.  <---Sidenote: Do you think it's funny when I "talk for you" in italics or do you think I'm displaying some schizophrenic tendencies by having pretend conversations with noone?

4.  Your tendons are the ends of your muscles..
They're like little tiny snakes coming off the end of your muscle.  That's what the very smart, smart physical therapist taught me.  If there are any actual doctors (or anyone who knows anatomy) reading this and knows I'm super wrong, I'm embarrassed.  Until then, that's true.  Tendons or the little legs at the end of your muscles.

3.  ASTYM hurts so good!
It's this hard plastic tool and they dug into my skin (just on the surface, they didn't make me bleed or anything) to break up all of the scar tissue that has formed during my past 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ankle sprains that were not properly cared for.



Anyway, they dug and it HURT but it was a good hurt.  Come on baaaaaaaby, make it hurt so good! <---- I love me some John Mellencamp.  Ahh, memories of dancing in my living room with my mama.  Ok, I'm leaving Memory Lane now.  Back to our regularly scheduled program.

2.  Picking up marbles with your toes is harder than it looks.  
I also had to do this exercise where I scrunch up a towel over and over with my toes.  Ouch!  It was muy dificil.
That's not me but that's what I did.  Try it.  It's tricky!

Saving the best for last...

1.  Crossfit is GOOD for my ankles. 
Oh yes, you read that right.

Here's my conversation with my physical therapist as I was giving her my history.
"So, I've sprained my ankle several times.  Actually both of them.  Every morning I used to walk like I was 90 years old for the first 10 minutes of the day because my ankles were so tight and in pain. However, after I started Crossfitting the pain almost went away completely."

"Really?  You know why?  What you were doing is probably naturally breaking up that scar tissue and getting blood flowing to there.  Keep Crossfitting.  It's really good for you!"

So...what did my Doctor prescribe?
Crossfit


What did I learn?
Ongoing aliments shouldn't stop us.  We have to move it or lose it (and when I refer to "it" I mean the function of our bodies).  You may think I'm being dramatic but put the cookie down and move it Friends!

You'll thank me some day!

Wow, Katie, you're really on a high horse right now.

Yeah, I almost 1/2 way through my current Whole 30.  I feel amaze balls.  And I went back to CF480 for the first time in days weeks month.  So, yes, I'm on my high horse and the view from up here is fabulous :)
This is a great quote about Using it or Losing it.  That's why I posted it...ish.  





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers