3 Strikes and...I'm Out

7:38 PM

STRIKE 1
This week I missed a day of CF so I did my workout in my classroom.

No, I seriously did. It was a silly sight to see but I made my friend come and watch me workout. PS. Thank you for that HL! Who would ever agree to WATCH someone workout?!? Well, I take that back, I'd watch Ryan Reynolds workout ANY DAY OF THE YEAR. Anyway, thanks HL, I know I'm no Ryan Reynolds and I appreciate your support.
I realized that I didn't work quite as hard as I would have had I been at CF 480. I did my best but I think my best is better there :)

Moving on...

STRIKE 2
I went to the track on Saturday...mind you I've been going to the track every other week for several weeks.

I S-U-C-K-E-D. I started out running and then I got some weird ball (of what I don't know) thing in the outside of my calf and it was shooting pain up and down my leg. It was so bad I couldn't run.
I walked...and as I walked off the track I could tell that Justin was seething. He didn't say anything but I could tell.

So...even though it wasn't really in my original plan I went to the Saturday class at CF...because I couldn't go all day thinking he was mad at me.

STRIKE 3
I got to CF and started jump roping. The other week I could do at least 1 double under. I could do them several times. I COULDN'T DO ANY.
Meanwhile, I was at a new class with new people...1 of which, I swear, was jumping 4 feet off the ground. I think she may have been doing triple unders. I don't think that's actually a thing but she could have done them.

PS. I actually have an idea that I'd like to share with the CF Community. How about we skip DUs and start doing old school jump roping? I can get a student to come in and teach them all the songs, "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around. Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground..." No?

I'M OUT
Needless to say, I was irritated at my bad work-out week. I thought I was supposed to be getting better? I was getting better and now I feel like I weigh 600 lbs. My body feels like lead and I'm so weak. Am I in the Twilight Zone? Did I just dream that I was putting my blood, sweat and tears on the gym floor and not actually do it?

I'M BACK IN...BECAUSE WE ALL KNEW I WASN'T GOING TO ADMIT DEFEAT FOR LONG
I chatting with Justin and 2 of my CF buddies and learned the following:
1. Our bodies go through rhythms. We ARE still improving, but some days or weeks are just bad, no matter how hard we try.
2. I just have to keep coming when things get hard like that.
3. Recovery is important but you need to make it active recovery (ie. still moving but lighter and a bit easier)
Deep breath...I'm doing fine. I can do this. A bad few days does not equal a bad Katie :)

Ending on a super positive note...
The day after all of this, I rode my bike TWENTY miles with 2 friends of mine. That's the first time I've ever done that...more on that to come!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. No matter how "bad" you think you are at the track, or wod-ing in your classroom (yes I just turned wod into a verb)... or not able to do a skill you were able to do the week before, you're still doing leaps and bounds better than if you were sitting on the couch eating ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, you're "teddy bear teddy bear" comment f-ing cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Followers