I Believe...

10:35 PM

**WARNING**This blog is full of strong sentences and curse words...don't say I didn't warn you :)

As it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, my mom's birthday AND my mom's Angelversary (yeah, I think God thought he was real funny with that one) I have lots to say.

Here are some things I believe:
1. I believe there is a cure for cancer.



You do?? Yes, I 100% believe that. That's a bold statement Katie. Yes it is. Why? Several reasons really...

A. Our Nation is full of money hungry people and here's what makes money...keeping people sick. Nobody makes any money if we cure cancer with some cheap vitamin that can be found in many foods and is readily available. I mean we're talking about a multi-billion dollar a year company here. Pay for surgery and chemotherapy and drugs and radiation and on it goes.

B. Last year a girl, a teenager, found a drug that shrunk cancer cells dramatically. She went to DC and won and award for her great Science Fair Project from Obama and then...then what? Where is she now? They won't do any further research, I'm certain. Why? Again, cures don't make money.

C. We are among the smartest nations on Earth. BILLIONS of dollars are raised for cancer research and they're going to tell us with all that money and all those resources they haven't found anything better than shitty chemotherapy?! Get outta here!

2. I believe the FDA is full of the most corrupt assholes on the planet.
"Hi FDA, we made this poison called aspertaine (sp?). It causes cancer, seizures, AND will take the rust off your car. Is it safe to drink?" "Will it make us money?" "Oh yes, TONS." "SOLD!"

And that's JUST that particular poison...how about hormones in food and animals?


3. Making donations to breast cancer, etc. organizations are bogus.

Now, before you slay me and say, "How dare you. My mom had breast cancer. That's very near and dear to me." Please know...I get it. I've been there.

Such a small percentage of our money goes to the actual looking for cures, funding mammograms, etc, etc and most of it goes to MORE and MORE and MORE pink shit.

Now, don't get me wrong. I say this but I kinda like it. I get a little swept up in the pink ribbon stuff too.

In addition to that, I have donated to and done the 3-Day Walk and it was LIFE CHANGING. Tears and walking and shared moments and hope. It was all there, something that can't be explain and has to be felt. I'm sure, sometime, I'll do the walk again. The mottos are good, the camaraderie is good...and I love pink. BUT...the facts remain...and at least we should be in the know.

4. I believe we should treat our bodies as temples.
We can do SO much more for our bodies (and minds and souls) by paying attention to what we put in it and do with it, rather than pills and cutting into it.


And while I'm here...Dear Pharmaceutical Drug Rep,
Yes, you do look very handsome in your suit. Yes, you are quite charming...and yes I do like free pens and notepads. But...you're a dick too. You're here smoosing the front desk ladies at a Doctor's office to chat with the doctor about your new pill for Restless Leg Syndrome. What the fuck is RLS anyway?! Here, let me give you some advice: You have RLS? Move your damn body. Your leg is probably shaking because you sit at a desk all day. MOVE. Done...can I have my medical degree now?

I believe. Thoughts?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so interesting that you wrote this. I was literally talking to my uncle Mike the other day and he said: "Whitney, do you seriously think our Country will EVER allow there to be a cure for cancer? Our world revolves around money, "curing" cancer is not gonna happen." I never thought about it before he said that but it is a sick thought huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck cancer. That is all.

    (You already gave warning for curse words, so hopefully I'm covered.)

    ReplyDelete

Followers