Show up

7:05 PM

My heart hurts, today, for the people I know and the place I once worked, in Durango, who lost a dear friend and colleague.  I think of the heavy load they carry as their hearts are breaking.  I think of a small town who is rocked to it's core, but then I smile.

I smile because in that small town, people show up.  The community comes together to make meals, give hugs, cry with, and hold each other up.  I begin to wonder, who do I show up for?  We all have people we do that for.  And we all have people who do it for us, those people who show up when our whole world feels like it's caving in around us.

They call.
They send cards.
They text.
They make meals.
They do your laundry.
They take care of your kids.
They force themselves over to your house and into your life because they know, while you might say you want to be alone, this load is to much to carry alone.
They don't care if what they say makes you cry harder because crying is healthy and healing.


One of my "Showwer uppers" once told me, "I don't care if you don't call me.  I don't care if you don't think you want to talk.  I'll be in your life because you need me." And I did.


Who have you shown for?  Do you know someone who needs you?  Don't think about it.  Do it.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers