Food Prep Sunday
6:21 PMThat wasn't a catchy title, I know. This has not evolved into a cooking blog but I wanted to share my hard work with you so you could say, "Good job Katie. You really worked hard today," in case you were interested.
I prepped my ass off today so that I can avoid doing the following, all of which I did last week:
- Getting drive thru coffee every morning
- Eating Uncrustables from the Cafeteria at school
- Not eating breakfast at all
- Going to Taco Bell ( <----- AhhhhhH!)
In an effort to combat those things I created a disaster in my kitchen I really prepared myself for the week.
I made...
Katie's Breakfast Bowls
Don't judge me but I'm a big fan of these.
However, all ya'll know about the convictions I have about chemicals and "pretend food" (that I drop as soon as Lofthouse cookies are put in front of me). Anyway, I found this recipe and doctored it up a bit and thus have made these:
Katie's Breakfast Bowls (if you make them yourself, you can call them that or you can change one ingredient like I did and call them by your own name).
This is the recipe I started with, from Budget Bytes, Country Breakfast Bowls. However, I wanted some more natural sausage so I used this. It's available at Costco and Albertson's.
I know Katie's Breakfast Bowls don't look that pretty but I think they taste amazeballs.
One Pot Pasta
It's been going around Pinterest and I finally tried it.
This is the recipe I used, One Pan Pasta. Again, mine is now in old Cool Whip containers so it's not the most beautiful creation but it's damn good and a wee bit spicy.
Apparently I just like to add that chicken sausage to anything.
Beef Butt Beef
I have no idea what this recipe is called but I call it Beef Butt. What's that? You can't wait to hear more because it sounds delicious? My old roommate taught me (who is actually become a famous blogger about all things Literacy related. Check her out at Big Time Literacy) how to make this. It's so easy:
Ingredients:
- Beef Butt, or Pot Roast kind of beef or something. I have to call and ask her what to use every time I make it.
- Pepperocinis
You put that in the Crockpot and turn it on all day. Done.
When it's done, you take two forks and pull it apart so it's shredded.
To Serve:
Take a roll, butter and garlic salt it, toast it in a pan. Put the beef in there and enjoy. Mmmm, Beef Butt Beef.
Kabob Fail
I also made some kabobs but I burnt them in the broiler and they taste like shoe leather so I won't share that recipe.
Did you prep at all today? What did you make?




0 comments